|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Series III Endo Steel|
|Communications System||Circe Special MilComm|
|Targeting Tracking System||DeadEye Superlock 18K|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||120 meters|
The Hunchback IIC is a Clan-tech refit of the venerable Hunchback. Its meager six tons of armor, coupled with paltry ammunition and lack of long-range weapons, led Inner Sphere observers to conclude that this 'Mech was a last-ditch effort for failed warriors to die with glory. In truth, the assignment of a Hunchback IIC was essentially a death sentence. Warriors given this machine were not expected to survive their next battle. However, despite the attrition rates expected for pilots of this BattleMech, the number of Hunchback IICs within all Clans has remained more or less constant, a surprisingly high 3% of the entire touman of each Clan.
After the actions of a star of Smoke Jaguar Warden MechWarriors, however, this 'Mech has become popular with Clan Jade Falcon sibbies during their first Trial of Position as it often allows them one quick kill, though the practice is often derided by older Clanners. Perhaps the only bright spot in this design is the inclusion of jump jets that allow it to more easily traverse difficult terrain so that it can bring its mammoth guns into play.
Weapons and Equipment
The Hunchback IIC is armed with a pair of Devastator Ultra AC/20s, one of the most powerful weapons in the Clan arsenal. This is backed up by a mere pair of Series 7J ER Medium Lasers. Completely eschewing long-range weapons and armor, the Hunchback IIC can scarcely expect to stand up in a pitched battle. Instead, it is designed for the one-on-one dueling that is so popular within the Clans.
- Hunchback IIC 2
- Like their Inner Sphere counterparts, Hunchback IICs mounting smaller weaponry are frequently referred to as Swayback IICs. This Hunchback IIC 2, a Crusader variant, utilizes four Heavy Large Lasers that can quickly cause a debilitating heat-induced shutdown. As secondary weapons the variant includes two Medium Pulse Lasers. The nineteen double heat sinks cannot handle the heat build up for long. BV (2.0) = 1,578, BV (2.0) = 1,869
These variants were introduced in various apocryphal sources, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
From MechWarrior Online:
- HBK-IIC-A Hunchback IIC A
- The first Piranha Games invented variant, each side torso of the Hunchback IIC A carries an ER Large Laser and twin Medium Pulse Lasers, supported by the standard pair of ER Medium Lasers in the center torso. Built on an 200XL engine with an Endo Steel frame, the remaining weight goes towards four jump jets, twenty double heat sinks and eight tons of armor.
- HBK-IIC-B Hunchback IIC B
- The second PGI variant is a Streak SRM Missile Boat, carrying a pair of Streak SRM-6 launchers in each side torso, supported by twin center torso mounted Medium Pulse Lasers. Perhaps indicating some of the differences between table-top and MechWarrior Online play, the B carries a mammoth six tons of Streak reloads, the remaining weight going to an extra two double heat sinks and eight tons of armor.
- HBK-IIC-C Hunchback IIC C
- The third PGI variant is a version of the standard Hunchback IIC with greater field endurance, the C variant downgrading the Ultra AC/20s to lighter Ultra Autocannon/10s, the saved weight going towards an ER Medium Laser in each arm and two tons of Ultra Autocannon rounds in each side torso. The remaining features are identical to the standard model.
- HBK-IIC-DW "Deathwish"
- A customized variant of the Hunchback IIC supposedly piloted by the Star of Rage, the Deathwish retains only one of the standard Hunchback IIC's Ultra AC/20s, dropping the left-torso autocannon to mount an ER PPC, moving the center torso ER Mediums to the left arm and adding a similar pair to the right arm. Built on the same basic frame as the Hunchback IIC while still keeping the two tons of Ultra Autocannon rounds, the remaining weight goes to extra double heat sinks, the Deathwish carrying a total of eighteen.
- Hunchback - The Hunchback IIC is based on the Reunification War-era Hunchback street fighting BattleMech.
Original Hunchback IIC from TRO:3058
Hunchback IIC in motion from CCG
Model of Hunchback IIC from MWO
- MUL online date for the Hunchback IIC
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 172-173, "Hunchback IIC Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 219
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 140
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 168, "Hunchback IIC"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 220
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 141
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 221
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 142
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 140
- MechWarrior Online - "Origins IIC Sale Page"
- MechWarrior Online - "Clan IIC Heroes Sale Page"
- BattleTech Compendium: Rules of Warfare
- MechWarrior Online Origin Sale Page
- MechWarrior Online Clan IIC Heroes Sale Page
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3085