Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
|Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade|
|Development||Randall N. Bills|
|Primary writing||Herbert A. Beas II|
Randall N. Bills
David L. McCulloch
|Cover Artwork||Doug Chaffee|
John Paul Lona
|Product code||35015 (FanPro) |
|First published||2006 (FanPro) |
|Preceded by||Technical Readout: 3058|
The Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade (TRO:3058 Upgrade) was released in 2006 and is part of a wider attempt to summarize and consolidate unit designs originating from the earliest TRO-releases. Unlike other TRO's from Upgrade-series it containes no new artwork for designs presented. It is the second TRO:3058 (after original TRO:3058 (1995) and being the only one, not following an earlier Revised-release). It was the second book as well in the Upgrade series (with TRO:3055 Upgrade (2005) publicised the year before and TRO:3050 Upgrade (2007) following).
TRO:3058 Upgrade purports to be 3070 review from Wolfnet on the original TRO:3058. It was the first TRO containing detailed info on battle armor units, summarizing relevant descriptions from various other other sources (notably the Field Manual-series of books). As with other TRO Upgrade it contains information on notable MechWarriors and crews, as well as new variants of already introduced designs.
Catalyst made minor changes to several vehicle entries.
From the back cover
|“||In the 3050's, the discoveries of long-buried Star League records led to a plethora of new cutting-edge BattleMech and vehicle designs by the end of that decade, resurrected from the blue prints of design firms centuries old and thought lost to antiquity. Now, ten years later, these designs have moved from novelty to workhorse, as the Inner Sphere once more finds itself at war!
Fully updated to circa 3070, Classic BattleTech Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade launches these designs into the current time frame, including notable MechWarriors/crews, as well as new variants. Additionally, a battle armor section has been included, providing full Classic BattleTech stats, and updating the histories for these twenty venerable designs.
Table of Contents
- Battle armor
- Inner Sphere Battle Armor
- Gray Death Scout
- Infiltrator Mk. I
- Fa Shih
- Gray Death Standard
- Infiltrator Mk. II
- Inner Sphere Standard
- Purifier Adaptive
- Clan Battle Armor
- Clan Elemental
- COMBAT VEHICLES
- Sprint Scout Helicopter
- Centipede Scout Car
- Warrior H8 Attack Helicopter (CGL edition: Warrior H-8 Attack Helicopter)
- Blizzard Hover Transport
- Cavalry Attack Helicopter
- Kestrel VTOL
- Badger Tracked Transport
- Galleon Light Tank (CGL edition: GAL-102 Galleon Light Tank)
- Karnov UR Transport
- Peregrine Attack VTOL
- Yellow Jacket Gunship
- Hunter Light Support Tank
- Pegasus Scout Hovertank (CGL edition: Pegasus Scout Hover Tank)
- Plainsman Medium Hovertank (CGL edition: Plainsman Medium Hover Tank)
- Striker Light Tank
- Goblin Infantry Tank (CGL edition: Goblin Infantry Support Vehicle)
- Regulator Hovertank
- Bandit Hovercraft
- Fulcrum Hovertank (CGL edition: Fulcrum Heavy Hover Tank)
- Maxim Hovertank (CGL edition: Maxim Heavy Hover Transport)
- Vedette Medium Tank
- SRM/LRM Carrier
- Manticore Heavy Tank
- Po Heavy Tank
- Tokugawa Heavy Tank
- Pilum Heavy Tank
- Typhoon Urban Assault Vehicle
- Brutus Assault Tank
- Zhukov Heavy Tank
- Partisan Air Defense Tank
- Challenger X MBT
- Ontos Heavy Tank
- INNER SPHERE 'MECHS
- Falcon Hawk
- Black Hawk-KU
- Dragon Fire
- CLAN 'MECHS
- Fire Falcon
- Battle Cobra
- Shadow Cat
- Hunchback IIC
- Black Lanner
- Night Gyr
- STAR LEAGUE
- Maultier Hover APC
- Padilla Heavy Artillery Tank
- Alacorn Mk VI Heavy Tank
- Night Hawk
- Thunder Hawk
Remarks on content
- The title comprises descriptions of 107 units in total, from FedCom Civil War as well as Star League era, all had been previously published. It contains:
- 15 Inner Sphere battle armor designs,
- 5 Clan battle armor designs,
- 33 Inner Sphere Combat Vehicle designs,
- 19 Inner Sphere BattleMech designs,
- 18 Clan BattleMech designs,
- 3 Star League Combat Vehicle designs,
- 14 BattleMech designs.
- All artwork presented in TRO:3058 Upgrade appeared in the original TRO:3058, save for the battle armor, which first appeared in LosTech: The MechWarrior Equipment Guide, and new artwork for the Inner Sphere OmniMechs.
- The title comes with various in-character introductions, these are
- Demi-Precentor V-sigma Merle Jimmus (6 January, 3057), the original overall introduction from TRO:3058
- Major-General Margaret Tulliver, Deputy Director, Wolfnet (15 March, 3070), the additional overall introduction for TRO:3058 Upgrade.
- Historical: Brush Wars, published the same year as TRO: 3058 Upgrade, shares the same production code (35015). The 2011 second corrected printing of Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade (as published by CGL) changed the cover and the production code (to 35125).
- PDF Version 1.0 is dated April 2006.
- FanPro edition was trademarked as Classic BattleTech Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade. Catalyst reprint dropped Classic from the trademark.
- Catalyst reprint states "Corrected Second Printing, First Printing by Catalyst Game Labs" on credits page.
Original (FanPro) 2006 cover. Art by Doug Chaffee.