|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works (OmniMech Production Facility)
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere OmniMech|
|Chassis||Alshain Class 98 Omni|
|Engine||Hermes 360 XL|
|Communications System||Sipher Security Plus|
|Targeting Tracking System||Matabushi Sentinel|
|Heat Sinks||15 double|
The Sunder is the product of what was learned from captured Loki and Thor OmniMechs. The Sunder weighs ninety tons and uses a Hermes 360 XL engine to save weight while giving the 'Mech a top speed of 65 km/h, a respectable speed for a ninety ton 'Mech. The Sunder carries sixteen and a half tons of armor protection and has fifteen double heat sinks to handle the assault 'Mech's heavy heat load. The Sunder carries a chaotic and powerful mix of weapons and equipment in all of its configurations. It has proven itself time and again against both Clan and Inner Sphere adversaries.
Weapons and Equipment
In its primary configuration, the Sunder carries an impressive weapons array. The 'Mech carries two Large Lasers for its primary long-range weapons. For short-range engagements, the Sunder has an Autocannon/20 that comprises the bulk of its firepower. This is supported by two medium lasers and a trio of SRM-4 launchers, making the Sunder prime most lethal at short ranges.
- Alternate Configuration A
- The Sunder A is armed primarily for long-range engagements. The primary weapon is an ER PPC supported by a Gauss rifle for direct fire engagements. The Sunder A carries three LRM-5 launchers, allowing it to attack an enemy with indirect missile fire in support of allied units. For close range defense, the Sunder A has two Medium Pulse Lasers, which provide enough firepower to defend itself from lighter units at close ranges. BV (1.0) = 1,722; BV (2.0) = 2,003
- Alternate Configuration B
- Configured to command a large C3 unit, the Sunder B has two C3 master computers. These allow the Sunder B to coordinate up to three lances of 'Mechs. The 'Mech is also intended to stay at long ranges with an arsenal of an LRM-20 launcher and an LRM-10 launcher to bombard an enemy from long range. For short-range defense, the 'Mech has two Medium Pulse Lasers and two medium lasers. This configuration of the Sunder is vulnerable to rushing attacks due to its reliance on long range missiles. BV (1.0) = 1,362 (C3: 161); BV (2.0) = 1,597
- Alternate Configuration C
- Intended to work as a close combat 'Mech in a C3 lance, the Sunder C has a C3 slave unit to allow it to coordinate itself with a C3 lance. The 'Mech has an MRM-30 and an MRM-40 which can overwhelm an enemy with missile fire. For close ranges, the Sunder C has a pair of Streak SRM-4 launchers and a medium laser. The primary drawback of this configuration is its high dependence on ammunition, which can force the Sunder C to withdraw from the field before the battle is finished. BV (1.0) = 1,493 (C3: 195); BV (2.0) = 1,735
- Alternate Configuration D
- The Sunder D is configured to engage an enemy at both long and short ranges. In order to do this, the 'Mech carries a powerful yet basic weapons payload. For long range combat, the Sunder D has two PPCs that allow it to strike an enemy at long range. For close ranges, the Sunder D has an LB 20-X Autocannon. The Sunder D is most effective where the weapons ranges overlap and allow the 'Mech to bring all three weapons to bear on its enemy. Unlike all other variants, the D carries three standard jump jets, and is thus able to traverse difficult terrain with more ease than most other assault 'Mechs. BV (1.0) = 1,782; BV (2.0) = 1,947
- Alternate Configuration E
- The Sunder E carries pairs of Snub-Nose PPCs and Streak SRM-6s. These are backed up by an ER medium laser and an LB 10-X AC. This variant may be an experiment by the DCMS to create a factory built version of the Sunder R variant created during Operation Bulldog. BV (2.0) = 1,876
- Alternate Configuration R
- A field upgrade developed in the midst of Operation Bulldog, this configuration utilized captured Clan Smoke Jaguar weapons to help bolster the SLDF forces in later waves, mounting twin Clan Large Pulse Lasers in support of an LB 10-X AC, backed up by four ER medium lasers and a pair of Streak SRM-6 launchers. BV (2.0) = 2,462
- Alternate Configuration X
- The Sunder X uses a C3 slave to provide targeting data to eight experimental Enhanced LRM-5 launchers. To defend against enemy battle armor, it mounts a B-Pod in each leg. For targets falling between point-blank and long range, the Sunder X pilot can use three ER medium lasers and a Medium Pulse Laser. BV (2.0) = 1,898
- The custom configuration used by MechWarrior Tanisha Brown supposedly at the direction of her commander, the Samual is equipped to wreak havoc against infantry forces. The configuration's primary weapon is six normally Inferno equipped SRM-4 launchers, three in the left arm, two in the center torso and one in the head, complemented by four Flamers, two mounted in the right arm and one in each torso, four Machine Guns in the left arm and each torso and an A-Pod in each leg. Two tons of machine gun ammo totaling 400 rounds and four tons of SRM ammo with 400 missiles total, allow Brown to fire nearly continuously. An ER PPC carried in the right arm is the sole concession to more heavily armored forces. BV (2.0) = 1,593
- Summoner (Thor) or Hellbringer (Loki) - The Sunder chassis was derived from the chassis of Summoner and Hellbringer Clan OmniMechs. However, the large stresses placed on the chassis due to the increase in mass predisposed early Sunders to catastrophic actuator failure.
- Oda Hideyoshi, colonel and commander of the Kuritan Otomo in 3058, piloted a Sunder in their attempted coup against Theodore Kurita on Luthien, being killed at his command.
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Spalter. The model code was accordingly changed to SP1-O.
Original Sunder from TRO:3058
Sunder from TRO:3058 Upgrade
SD1-0B Sunder in combat from CCG
Model of Sunder from MW4: Mercenaries
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, pp. 182–183: "SD1-O Sunder"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 23: "St. Ives Commonality - Industrial Systems - St. Ives"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 27
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 8
- MUL online date for the Sunder
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 154–155: "Sunder Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 329
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 289
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, Sunder isn't found anywhere.
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 330
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 290
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 331
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 291
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 332
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 292
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 224
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 333
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 293
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 294
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 180
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 179
- The Dragon Roars, p. 6
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 295
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 296
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 297: "Sunder SD1-0 Samual"
- BattleMech Manual, p. 95: Design Quirk Table - Sunder Entry.
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 94
- Black Dragon, p. 370
- BattleMech Manual
- The Dragon Roars
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation
- Objectives: Draconis Combine
- Objectives: Federated Suns
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Record Sheets: 3067
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade