|'Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||T-E H65 Standard|
|Engine||Fusion 325 XL|
|Communications System||CH2B Alpha-Com|
|Targeting Tracking System||Version Delta-II TTS(A)|
|Heat Sinks||13 Double Heat Sinks|
|“||If you see a Falcon not in a Summoner, Hellbringer or Kit Fox, double your caution.||”|
|— Clan Coyote adage|
The Hellbringer is a very widespread design developed by Clan Hell's Horses. However, due to its poor armor, the Hellbringer is often passed over for more robust OmniMechs. The Inner Sphere first encountered the Hellbringer facing Clan Jade Falcon, which favors the design for its immense offensive potential. Earning the code name Loki by Galen Cox, an AFFC officer who declared each of the Hellbringer's various versions as an "utterly mad configuration," the 'Mech does at first glance appear to be highly unusual, mounting a spread of weapons, anti-personnel equipment and electronics. The Hellbringer utilizes a standard internal structure, and has decent mobility, with a top speed of 86.4 km/h. Though it has vast firepower at its disposal, the design is not particularly durable, mounting a mere eight tons of Standard armor, and the Hellbringer is not particularly suitable for defensive situations or extended engagements.
In the aftermath of the Battle of Tokasha and the loss of Tokasha MechWorks, the Hell's Horses began developing several OmniMechs. Only the Hellbringer met with success. Development time for the Hellbringer was reduced through the use of molds used in the Summoner. Despite the poor armor, the Hellbringer devotes almost 43% of its mass to pods, allowing for great offensive potential. The design spread quickly after its introduction for two reasons: the Horses promptly lost the primary production facility, and used their remaining production to curry favor with other Clans through trade and gifts.
After The Wars of Reaving in Clan Space, the Hellbringer would fall out of favor with the surviving Home Clans due in part to its association with the Inner Sphere based Clans. The design would be replaced by the Ebon Jaguar in military service of those in Clan Space, with the exception of Clan Coyote which still fields the 'Mech. Even after the introduction of the updated and upgraded Loki II successor design in 3121, Clan Jade Falcon would continue to produce the cheap and easy to manufacture original version on Sudeten during the Dark Age era, with disgraced, solahma or even just overly aggressive warriors still finding its offense over defense focus desirable.
Weapons and Equipment
Though the sheer amount of equipment is greatly confusing, comparing the 'Mech to those at the time of the Exodus, the Hellbringer Prime bears similarities in design and appearance to the classic Warhammer. The primary weapons are indeed a pair of ER PPCs. As the Hellbringer draws closer to its target, it can bring its smaller and less heat-intensive short-range weapons to bear on the target, with three ER Medium Lasers and a Streak SRM-6 missile rack. The 'Mech is more than capable of handling infantry, with a pair of Machine Guns, and two Anti-Personnel Pods on each leg. An advanced Targeting Computer gives the energy weapons lethal accuracy, and an Active Probe and ECM Suite help to minimize any tactical advantage the enemy may have. To help increase battle longevity, the Hellbringer also carried an anti-missile system.
- Alternate Configuration A
- The Hellbringer A, though apparently a long-range configuration, does have some unusual equipment. A set of two ER Large Lasers and an Ultra AC/5 serve as primary weapons, and are supported by an LRM-20 rack. The 'Mech also carries a Narc Missile Beacon to increase missile accuracy, probably intended for nearby fire-support units. At close ranges, the 'Mech can defend itself with an ER Medium Laser and also has two Machine Guns and an Active Probe for point defense. BV (1.0) = 1,651, BV (2.0) = 1,948
- Alternate Configuration B
- With a high damage profile at long and short range, the Hellbringer B does not utilize energy weapons as much, and so has few issues with heat buildup. A powerful Gauss rifle and LB 5-X AC allow the 'Mech to ravage both armor and critical systems, with the Gauss Rifle's powerful slug and the LB 5-X's fragmenting shot. At closer ranges, the 'Mech has two SRM-6 racks slaved to Artemis IV fire control systems for greater accuracy, with an ER Small Laser as a backup weapon. BV (1.0) = 1,454, BV (2.0) = 1,592
- Alternate Configuration C
- A powerful brawler, the Hellbringer C's only long-range weapon is an ER Large Laser. The 'Mech also makes use of the recently developed ATM-6 launcher, which can perform similarly to LRMs, MRMs or SRMs, depending on the ammunition loaded. The Hellbringer C carries a devastating LB 20-X AC as its knockout weapon, able to quickly shred through armor with slug ammo or damage internal components extensively with a fragmenting cluster shot. A pair of ER Medium Lasers and an ER Small Laser act as backup weapons. BV (1.0) = 1,698, BV (2.0) = 2,076
- Alternate Configuration D
- This variant is a vicious infantry hunter. It has four Plasma Cannons that are capable of dealing immense damage to conventional troops. Four B-Pods provide defense against battle armor, while four Medium Pulse Lasers provide accurate damage potential against hardened targets. A head-mounted Micro Pulse Laser provides added firepower against unarmored infantry. BV (2.0) = 2,145
- Alternate Configuration H
- The Hellbringer H utilizes new Heavy Laser technology for its short-range arsenal. The long-range weapons of the 'Mech resemble those of the A configuration: the Ultra AC/5 is retained, though the ER Large Laser is upgraded to an ER PPC and the LRM-20 is downgraded to an LRM-15. For close range combat, the 'Mech has a powerful Heavy Large Laser and an array of four Heavy Small Lasers. The defensive equipment is the same as the A configuration, two Machine Guns, two Anti-Personnel Pods and an Active Probe. BV (1.0) = 1,492, BV (2.0) = 1,952
- Alternate Configuration J
- A highly mobile scout unit, the Loki J carries an Ultra AC/5 and ER PPC in its arms supported by twin ER Medium Lasers in each torso and a Streak SRM-4 rack. Fitted with jump jets, the J also mounted an anti-missile system and an active probe, each ammo-dependent weapon carrying a single ton of reloads. BV (2.0) = 2,415
- Alternate Configuration M
- Common with the Jade Falcons after the Battle of Tukayyid, the Hellbringer M was originally developed by Star Commander Summer Mandaka during a Trial of Grievance amidst the Falcon Guards' mobilization for Tukayyid. A powerful Gauss rifle and two tons of ammunition are mounted in the right arm, opposite two ER Large Lasers in the left. A Streak SRM-6 and one ton of ammo are mounted in the right torso, while a standard SRM-6 is mounted in the center torso, with ammo in the left. BV (2.0) = 2,200
- Alternate Configuration T
- A Dark Ages refinement of the Prime, the T configuration mounts an ER PPC in each arm supported by a shoulder mounted ATM-6, a trio of ER Medium Lasers and twin Anti-Personnel Gauss Rifles. Protected by an anti-missile system and CASE II (for the two tons of ATM missiles and single ton each of AP Gauss and AMS ammo), the remaining weight is devoted to double heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 2,444
From MechWarrior Online:
- HBR-VI Virago
- Reportedly piloted by Joanna of Clan Jade Falcon, the Hellbringer Hero 'Mech mounts paired ER Large Lasers in left arm, supported by an LRM-20 and LRM-15 rack in the right arm. At shorter ranges twin ER Medium Lasers in each side torso come into play. Virago carries two tons of LRM reloads and is fitted with nineteen double heat sinks.
- Released in the August 2017 Patch as a means of compensation for purchase of the Clan Heroes Pack. The Hellbringer P carries a complement of Lasers - a trio of ER Large Lasers are mounted in the arms; one in the Right and two in the Left. An LRM-20 is its only missile weapon, mounted in the Left Torso with two tons of ammo for reloads. A Medium Pulse Laser and ER Small Laser round out the weapons complement. Both mounted in the Right Torso. An Active Probe allows the Hellbringer P variant to be a hunter-killer, and is mounted in the head. As of this writing, this variant has yet to be published in any known canon.
- Brian Cameron of Wolf's Dragoons piloted a Loki immediately prior to and during the Dragoon Civil War to great effect, primarily serving as Jaime Wolf's communications officer and aide. The electronic warfare equipment on the 'Mech made it ideal in this role.
- Star commander Joanna piloted a Hellbringer, which she named "Ter", as a symbol of her hatred for Ter Roshak, until she lost it during the Battle of Twycross, becoming buried in the Great Gash (when Kai Allard-Liao collapsed it on the oncoming Falcon Guards). She was able to survive and escape from the 'Mech.
- Loki Mk II - The Loki Mk II was created by Clan Jade Falcon as a replacement for the aging design.
- In German products, the unit's proper Clan name was translated to Höllenbote, which literally means Messenger from Hell. The unit's proper Inner Sphere name was left unchanged.
- Plastic Hellbringer (Loki) Prime is included in BattleTech: Clan Heavy Striker Star
Original Hellbringer from TRO:3050
Hellbringer Prime from TRO:3050 Upgrade
Hellbringer from RG:ilClan v1
Hellbringer crashing through a door from Jade Falcon Sourcebook
Hellbringer A in combat from CCG
Model of Hellbringer from MW4: Mercenaries
Model of Hellbringer from MWO
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 1, p12 "Hellbringer (Loki)"
- MUL online entry for Hellbringer (Loki)
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 132–133: "Loki OmniMech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 90
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 134
- Technical Readout: 3050, pp. 30–31: "Loki OmniMech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 28–29: "Loki OmniMech Profile"
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 17: "Discarded Tools of War"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 91
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 92
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 93
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 94
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 95
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 96
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 146
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 176
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 97
- BattleTech: Battle of Tukayyid, p. 154
- MechWarrior Online Clan Heroes Two Sale Page
- BattleMech Manual, p. 93: BattleMech Quirk Table - Loki Entry.
- Wolf Pack, p. ??
- BattleTech: Battle of Tukayyid
- Combat Operations
- MechWarrior Online - Clan Heroes II Sale Page
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 1
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental
- Wolf Pack