- This article is about one specific product. For the series of game boxes that served as the core BattleTech product, and its iterations over time, see BattleTech boxed set.
The 25th Anniversary Introductory Box Set is a physical game box containing necessary pieces, papers and material to play general table top version of Battletech. The boxset itself is a special edition celebrating the 25th anniversary of the game.
From the back cover
|| Strap yourself into the ultimate suit of armor: the BattleMech. Thirty feet tall and weighing up to a hundred tons, this humanoid engine of destruction is a walking arsenal with enough firepower to level a city block. The BattleTech game system takes you into the world of the 31st Century, where war has become a way of life. You are a MechWarrior. You are in command of the most powerful machine on the battlefield, and hold the fate of empires in your hand!
- 24 unpainted, ready-to-play plastic BattleMech minis
- 2 unpainted, premium-quality plastic BattleMech minis
- One 12-page full-color quick-start rulebook will have players into the action in minutes
- 36-page book of pre-generated BattleMech Record Sheets
- One 80-page full-color rulebook
- Inner Sphere at a Glance, a 56-page full-color book of universe background and BattleMech technical data
- One 16-page full-color Painting and Tactics Guide
- Two heavy-duty cards of compiled tables
- Two 18″ x 22" full-color gameboard-quality mapsheets, with four different maps (BattleTech b/w City (Hills/Residential) #2 and Lake Area b/w Open Terrain #2)
- Two six-sided dice
- One full-color poster-sized map of the Inner Sphere circa 3067
- Contrary to what it says in the content listing, only one heavy duty card of compiled tables was actually included, according to amazon.com customer reviews. Apparently lacking spares, Catalyst Game Labs have been unable to provide extra cards, but are intending to release booklets containing them for minimal cost.
- Catalyst Game Labs has started a broken model replacement program for box sets with damaged or missing contents, particularly the plastic miniatures which are often damaged, miscast, or incomplete. The replacement program can be accessed through the Miniatures Replacement Form.