The BattleTech Introductory Box Set is a physical game box containing necessary pieces, papers and material to play general table top version of Battletech. This edition of the box set contains miniatures made from a higher-quality plastic than the 25th Anniversary Introductory Box Set or the Classic BattleTech Introductory Box Set, the same used in the Alpha Strike Lance Packs
From the back cover
|| Strap yourself into the ultimate suit of armor: the BattleMech. Thirty feet tall and weighing up to a hundred tons, this humanoid engine of destruction is a walking arsenal with enough firepower to level a city block. The BattleTech game system takes you into the world of the 31st Century, where war has become a way of life. You are a MechWarrior. You are in command of the most powerful machine on the battlefield, and hold the fate of empires in your hand!
- 24 unpainted, ready-to-play plastic BattleMech minis
- 2 unpainted, premium-quality plastic BattleMech minis
- One 12-page full-color quick-start rulebook will have players into the action in minutes
- 36-page book of pre-generated BattleMech Record Sheets
- One 80-page full-color rulebook
- Inner Sphere at a Glance, a 56-page full-color book of universe background and BattleMech technical data
- One 16-page full-color Painting and Tactics Guide
- Two heavy-duty cards of compiled tables
- Two 18″ x 22" full-color gameboard-quality mapsheets, with four different maps
- Two six-sided dice
- One full-color poster-sized map of the Inner Sphere circa 3067
- Catalyst Game Labs has started a broken model replacement program for box sets with damaged or missing contents, particularly the plastic miniatures which are often damaged, miscast, or incomplete. The replacement program can be accessed through the Miniatures Replacement Form.