Star Commander is an officer rank within the Clan military structure. A Star Commander is in charge of either a Star or a Nova - with some Clans using the rank of Nova Commander to differentiate the two - or serves as a department head aboard a space vessel. The Inner Sphere equivalent is Lieutenant.
Clan warriors usually require several years of success before promotion to Star Commander. Alternatively, a sibko cadet can test into the position by defeating two opponents during his/her Trial of Position.
Clan Blood Spirit
Clan Cloud Cobra
Like the Hell's Horses, Clan Coyote has an explicit Nova Commander rank. This provides the warriors of Clan Coyote with more prestige.
Clan Diamond Shark
Clan Fire Mandrill
Clan Ghost Bear
Clan Goliath Scorpion
Clan Hell's Horses
Unlike most other Clans, Clan Hell's Horses has an explicit Nova Commander rank. As they command more troops, these officers could be considered the equivalent of a senior Lieutenant.
Clan Ice Hellion
Clan Jade Falcon
Clan Nova Cat
Clan Smoke Jaguar
Clan Snow Raven
Clan Star Adder
Clan Steel Viper
Clan Wolf/Clan Wolf-in-Exile
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 11
- ↑ Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 14
- ↑ ''Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 48
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 45
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 97
- ↑ Field Manual: Comstar, p. 112
- ↑ MechWarrior: The BattleTech Role Playing Game, Second Edition, Color plate section
- ↑ Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 127
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 120