Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
|Technical Readout: 3050 Revised|
Randall N. Bills
|Primary writing||J. Andrew Keith|
Clare W. Hess
Dale L. Kemper
Blaine L. Pardoe
Boy F. Petersen, Jr.
|Cover Artwork||Jim Nelson (Front)|
C. Sterns (Back)
|Era||Clan Invasion era|
|Preceded by||Technical Readout: 3050|
|Followed by||Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade|
Technical Readout: 3050 Revised was the managed response to the issue of the Unseen like previously the Technical Readout: 3025 Revised had been. It superseded the original Technical Readout: 3050 (with even the same product number), dropping the Unseen designs and replacing them with newer (at the time) high technology weapons and equipment, which were available (at this title's printing) via some of the rulebooks. Thirty-one combat assets were included in this revised edition, most being Level 2 versions of the 'Mechs and combat vehicles introduced in Technical Readout: 2750.
In-character, it purports to be a 3058 revision of the original 3052 document.
Table of Contents
- The Clans
- The Uncommon Common Enemy
- The Outlaws
- Nonmilitary Technology
- Black Hawk
- Vulture (Hagetaga)
- Mad Cat
- Man O' War
- Inner Sphere Response
- Light 'Mechs
- Medium 'Mechs
- Heavy 'Mechs
- Assault 'Mechs
Remarks on content and alterations to original edition
- The title comprises descriptions of 105 units in total, most units derive from Clan Invasion era, some from Star League era and all were previously published. It contains:
- 16 OmniMech designs,
- 71 BattleMech designs, and
- 18 Vehicle designs.
- In order to address the Unseen issue,
- the following 18 BattleMechs were removed from this revised edition: Wasp, Locust, Stinger, Valkyrie, Ostscout, Phoenix Hawk, Griffin, Scorpion, Shadow Hawk, Wolverine, Ostroc, Ostsol, Rifleman, Crusader, Thunderbolt, Archer, Warhammer, Marauder, and
- 10 BattleMechs from Star League era were added to revised edition.
- The In-character Introduction (by Adept XXI-sigma Merle Jimmus, ComStar, 8 February, 3052) was complemented by a second Introduction (by Major-General Margaret Tulliver, Deputy Director, Wolfnet (22 March, 3058) to justify the alterations of revised edition.
- The "Index" was kept and became included in Table of Contents.
- The chapter "The Clans" received an additional sub-chapter ("The Outlaws") and the order of sub-chapters was slightly changed.
- An additional chapter with data for 18 vehicles were included.
- The chapter "Engineers' Tests" were removed entirely from this revised edition, as well as the unindexed additional content (OmniMech profiles and Battle Armor Record Sheets).
- The title was replaced in 2007 with Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade which included all-new artwork, more units and adaptation to latest rule developments.
- The cover and credits page both use Revised Edition in the title.
- Trademarked as BattleTech Technical Readout: 3050.