Mist Lynx (Koshi)
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Huntress Production Facility Epsilon |
Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-03
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Light Series II Endo-Steel|
|Armor||Compound H17 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Type II 175 XL|
|Communications System||Build 1685/5 Tacticom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series III GDS w/Active Probe|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Clan Light Series Mk. I|
|BV (2.0)|| 880|
Weighing in at twenty five tons, the Mist Lynx is a lightweight workhorse OmniMech. The Mist Lynx is a common light OmniMech among the Clans that invaded the Inner Sphere, and is part of the toumans of every clan. Before the Great Refusal, the Mist Lynx was most prominently fielded by Clan Smoke Jaguar and earned the code name Koshi, or "small death", from the DCMS forces which encountered it during Operation Revival. Designed by Clan Smoke Jaguar around 2910, production of the Mist Lynx was continued by Clans Ice Hellion and Steel Viper after the Annihilation of Clan Smoke Jaguar.
The Mist Lynx is built on a lightweight Endo Steel chassis to save weight and is powered by a 175 XL engine that gives the 'Mech a top speed of 118.8 km/h. The Mist Lynx also has six Jump Jets that allow the 'Mech to jump up to one hundred and eighty meters. The Mist Lynx has a fixed Active Probe that allows the 'Mech to protect itself from ambush by letting it detect any hidden enemy units before they can strike. For protection from enemy fire, the Mist Lynx has three and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor.
Weapons and Equipment
In its primary configuration the Mist Lynx is armed to engage an enemy at any range. For long range combat, the Mist Lynx carries a single LRM-10 launcher, which is backed up by a Streak SRM-4 launcher for close combat. Finally, to protect itself from infantry, the Mist Lynx carries two Machine Guns.
- Alt. Config. A
- The A configuration of the Mist Lynx is intended for artillery spotting and anti-infantry work. To spot for Arrow IV artillery, it carries a TAG laser designator. To protect itself from infantry attacks, it has two A-Pods, two Machine Guns, and a single Flamer. Finally, for added protection from missile attacks, the Mist Lynx A has two Anti-Missile Systems. BV (1.0) = 631, BV (2.0) = 620, 611
- Alt. Config. C
- The C configuration of the Mist Lynx is armed with a single ER Large Laser as its primary weapon backed up by an ER Medium Laser for close combat. For added protection, the Mist Lynx C has an Anti-Missile System for protection from missile fire and an ECM Suite to protect it from enemy electronic warfare systems. BV (1.0) = 1,338, BV (2.0) = 1,330, 1,320
- Alt. Config. F
- The F configuration of the Mist Lynx is a close combat 'Mech that carries as its primary weapons three Heavy Medium Lasers which are backed up by four Heavy Small Lasers, all of which are linked to an advanced Targeting Computer for increased accuracy. To protect it from enemy electronic warfare systems, the F configuration has an ECM Suite and also has a Light TAG laser designator to paint targets for deadly Arrow IV artillery attacks. BV (2.0) = 1,198, 1,173
- Alt. Config. H
- Similar to the B configuration, the Mist Lynx H has a Streak SRM-6 and a Heavy Medium Laser as its primary weapons. These are backed up by a pair of Heavy Small Lasers for extremely close ranges. For added protection from missile attacks, the H configuration has an Anti-Missile System. BV (1.0) = 1,015, BV (2.0) = 991, 982
- Alt. Config. P
- Intended for extremely close combat, the Mist Lynx P has as it only long range weapon an ER Large Laser. For close combat, the 'Mech has four ER Micro Lasers and three Micro Pulse Lasers which is highly effective in the close confines of a city, but on open terrain this arsenal leaves the 'Mech lacking. BV (1.0) = 1,058, BV (2.0) = 1,074, 1,064
- Alt. Config. Z
- Used by The Society's MechWarriors, this Mist Lynx variant carries an Active Probe and a Nova CEWS. To provide extra protection for the Nova CEWS, the right torso mounts one ton of Modular Armor. Six jump jets provide a 180 meter jump range. The only weapons are a pair of iATM 3 launchers, one in each arm.
- Sling - The Sling, a light prototype being tested by the Star League Defense Force just before the Exodus, is speculated to be the basis of the Mist Lynx OmniMech.
- Duan Gung - Both the Mist Lynx OmniMech and the Capellan Confederation Duan Gung light BattleMech are based on designs for the Sling BattleMech.
- Koshi – A re-design of the Mist Lynx as a standard BattleMech, the Koshi was created by Clan Diamond Shark for export sales.
In German products the unit's proper Clan name was altered to Grauluchs, which literally means Grey Lynx. The unit's proper Inner Sphere name was left unchanged.
- MUL online entry for Mist Lynx (Koshi)
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 116-117, "Koshi OmniMech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 15
- Technical Readout: 3050, pp. 14-15, "Koshi OmniMech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 12-13, "Koshi OmniMech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 16
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 17
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 18
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 19
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 38
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 20
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 21
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 22
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 23
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 24
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 60
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 76
- Dark Age Turning Points: Liao, p.