Machine Gun Array
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Machine Gun Array|
|Tech Base||Clan / Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||Clan = 3069 (CDS)|
|Ammo Per Ton||???|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||???|
The Machine Gun Array (MGA) was developed in 3068 by the Federated Suns. Despite that, the Taurian Concordat was actually the first power to use them, as they had pilfered the technology from the FedSuns and were able to quickly reverse engineer and put it into production. Clan Diamond Shark also created an identical Clan version that was unveiled around roughly the same time.
The Machine Gun Array itself allows two to four machine guns of the same type (standard, light, or heavy) to be linked and fired as one. This has the benefit of only requiring one hit check to see if every linked machine gun hits the target. This using the same feature also has the drawback of if the single roll misses, the entire array will miss.
Machine Gun Arrays are manufactured on the following planets:
|Corean Bulletstorm (Clantech)||Augusta||Corean Enterprises||UCU-F4 Scarecrow|||
The Machine Gun Array has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- TechManual, p. 292, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment"
- TechManual, p. 228, "Machine Gun Arrays"
- TechManual, p. 342, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, pp. 36-37, "UCU-F4 Scarecrow"