Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade|
|Development||Randall N. Bills|
|Primary writing|| Herb A. Beas II |
Randall N. Bills
|Cover artwork||Doug Chaffee|
|Illustrations|| Brent Evans |
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||May 2007|
|Era|| Star League era |
Clan Invasion era
Civil War era
Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade was released in 2007 and is part of a wider attempt to summarize and consolidate unit designs originating from the earliest TRO-releases. It is the third TRO:3050 (after original TRO:3050 (1990) and TRO:3050 Revised (1996)) and, as well, the third book in the Upgrade series (after TRO:3055 Upgrade (2005) and TRO:3058 Upgrade (2006)). At the same time it was the first TRO released since Total Warfare and TechManual introduced new equipment and consolidated existing gaming and construction rule sets.
The ambitious book covers all 'Mechs from 3050 Revised, including the Star League 'Mechs, Combat Vehicles, and Aerospace Fighters that were added from Technical Readout: 2750. It is structured in "Inner Sphere", "Clan", and "Star League" sections, with only the latter containing vehicle and fighter designs. As with titles from Upgrades-series, information is provided on famous pilots and historical references are updated to 3071. Like its predecessor TRO:3050 Revised, it excludes the Unseen, which got their update in separate release Technical Readout: Project Phoenix. At the same time TRO:3050 Upgrade is the first TRO to contain design variants that make use of 3069-era technology.
From the back cover
|“|| General Aleksandr Kerensky and three-quarters of the Star League Defense Force departed human-occupied space more than two hundred and fifty years ago, only to return in 3050 as the Clans: a society dedicated to the highest warrior ideals and bent on conquering the Inner Sphere. With their superior technology and OmniMechs, they almost proved unstoppable, before their defeat at Tukayyid and its fifteen year truce. The year is 3070, and while the Truce of Tukayyid has expired, the Jihad rages. The Inner Sphere 'Mechs hastily upgraded with field modifications to counter the Clans are proving their worth, as notable pilots rise to become heroes and new, more time tested variants—sporting weapons right out of R&D labs—make their presence felt, while the Clan OmniMechs continue to prove they are still the cutting edge of military technology.
Classic BattleTech Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrades fully updates this venerable product, fleshing out the history of each design, including notable MechWarriors/pilots, as well as providing fresh illustrations. Additionally, all the 'Mechs, vehicles and aerospace fighters originally found in the now out-of-print Technical Readout: 2750 are included.
Table of Contents
- Inner Sphere BattleMechs
- Hermes II
- Wolf Trap
- Grand Dragon
- Katana (Crockett)
- Clan OmniMechs
- Black Hawk
- Mad Cat
- Man O' War
- Star League
- Star League Vehicles
- Star League BattleMechs
- Star League Aerospace Fighters
Remarks on content
- The title comprises descriptions of 118 units in total, all from Clan Invasion era all previously published. It contains:
- The title comes with multiple in-character introductions, these are
- Some designs in this book may be no longer legal for tounament use, due to later changed rule sets.
- An overview on errata (v2.0) for TRO:3050 Upgrade can be found TRO:3050u online.
- The design included is actually the Hellcat II.