- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Chassis||Clan Series Assault SXE|
|Armor||Arcadia Compound Delta VII Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Heavy Force 380 XL|
|Communications System||Dash-2 Optima|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hakkøn-Morris LAP|
|Heat Sinks||16 Double Heat Sinks|
|Speed||64.8 km/h (86.4 km/h with MASC)|
|Jump Jets||Pryzhok WM10|
|BV (2.0)|| 2,619|
Fast and powerful, the Executioner, known as the Gladiator in the Inner Sphere, is an assault OmniMech often deployed by Clan Ghost Bear. Though originally produced by Clan Ghost Bear, design schematics for the Executioner were actually acquired in a trial with Clan Burrock (sometime after the Ghost Bears began to acquire and develop Omni-technology in 2873).
The Executioner took time to develop from the schematics, however, as the Ghost Bears originally decided to splice the design with the Kodiak BattleMech (still in the planning stages), creating an Omni- Totem 'Mech. When the two designs were eventually deemed too incompatible in early prototypes, the projects were split again, quickly creating the Executioner and eventually creating the rugged second-line totem Kodiak BattleMech. The only other Clans who have had great success with producing configurations of the Executioner were the Smoke Jaguars and the Burrocks, who drew up the original blue prints.
Using a massive Heavy Force 380 XL Engine, the Executioner has a top speed of 64.8 km/h. A MASC system enhances the top speed to 86.4 km/h (albeit only in short bursts), and four permanently mounted Pryzhok WM10 jump jets give the 'Mech the ability to propel itself 120 meters into the air. This unusual emphasis on speed gives the Executioner unmatched speed for its weight class, as it is often capable of keeping up with 'Mechs twenty or thirty tons lighter than itself. The Executioner also carries thirteen and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, which is below average for its weight class, but generally adequate. Sixteen double heat sinks are mounted to cool the 'Mech down.
Even though the design has not been used since the 3060s, the Home Clans withdrew it from use after the Wars of Reaving. Possibly due to its reputation with the Spheroid Clans like Clan Ghost Bear.
Weapons and Equipment
The Executioner's primary configuration uses its mobility to keep enemies as far away as possible. A Gauss Rifle is the 'Mech's primary weapon, backed up by dual ER Large Lasers, which give it excellent direct firepower. For use against soft targets and possibly any light vehicles that manage to close the ranges, the Executioner carries two Machine Guns. This makes the 'Mech very effective in an open battlefield, but makes it virtually useless should it encounter a faster enemy with enough firepower, or a physical barrier.
- Alt. Config. A
- The Executioner A equips the 'Mech with much needed close-range firepower. Three Large Pulse Lasers can inflict excellent damage, and are more accurate, to compensate for any jumping the Executioner A may be doing. Four ER Medium Lasers back this up, and this configuration also carries the Machine Guns of the primary configuration. BV (1.0) = 2,761, BV (2.0) = 2,953, 3,122
- Alt. Config. B
- The Executioner B is configured to be able to engage an enemy at any range. For long range combat, the 'Mech carries a deadly ER PPC. When an enemy closes ranges, the Executioner B has a rapid-fire, and also deadly, Ultra Autocannon/20, which is backed by an ER Medium Laser. To shield the 'Mech from indirect fire, the Executioner B also mounts an Anti-Missile System. BV (1.0) = 2,783, BV (2.0) = 2,800, 2,940
- Alt. Config. C
- Armed in a similar vein as the B configuration, the Executioner C mounts an LRM-20 missile rack as a long-range, indirect-fire weapon. An Artemis IV FCS is attached to the LRM for increased accuracy. The Executioner C also carries an Ultra Autocannon/20, which is backed by an ER Small Laser, a downgrade of the ER Medium Laser carried by the original. A Targeting Computer is attached to the laser and autocannon, greatly improving their accuracy. BV (1.0) = 2,531, BV (2.0) = 2,610, 2,740
- Alt. Config. D
- Another close combat configuration, the Executioner D mounts a plethora of various pulse laser weapons, which have increased accuracy to compensate for the movement the Executioner D will likely be doing. The right arm mounts a Large Pulse Laser as a primary weapon-- this is supported by an additional three Medium Pulse Lasers, and the support is supported by an array of five Small Pulse Lasers. An ER Small Laser provides some more variation, and the Executioner D also mounts two SRM-6 racks to exploit - or more accurately, explode - breaches in enemy armor. However, no additional heat sinks are mounted, and the 'Mech may overheat if too many weapons are fired at once. BV (1.0) = 2,384, BV (2.0) = 2,572, 2,698
- Alt. Config. E
- Capable of effectively engaging enemies at any range, the Executioner E uses the modern Advanced Tactical Missile system, which has the flexibility of being able to fire missiles effective at any range. The Executioner E mounts a pair of ATM-9 racks. A pair of ER Large Lasers provide long-range firepower, and at close range the Executioner E relies on its modern, high-damage heavy lasers in the form of two Heavy Medium Lasers and a Heavy Small Laser. BV (1.0) = 2,460, BV (2.0) = 2,838, 2,988
- Alt. Config. H
- Using recently developed heavy laser technology, the Executioner H specializes in close combat, and mounts a Heavy Large Laser for prodigious medium-range firepower. Complementing the laser is a devastatingly powerful Ultra Autocannon/20. Supporting this heavy firepower is a pair of ER Medium Lasers and a Flamer, which is very effective against infantry, and is also a powerful tactical weapon. BV (1.0) = 2,500, BV (2.0) = 2,904, 3,059
- Alt. Config. I
- This variant carries a pair of Improved Heavy Large Lasers in the right arm. These are supplemented by twin Streak SRM-6 launchers in the left arm. This version also adds an ECM Suite to disrupt enemy electronics, and uses a supercharger to reach a top speed of 100km/h. Twenty-two double heat sinks are installed as well. BV (2.0) = 3,399
- Alt. Config. K
- Another recent configuration, the Executioner K uses new Hyper-Assault Gauss technology. This configuration excels at long ranges, mounting dual ER Large Lasers, complemented by a powerful HAG 20. Three ER Medium Lasers provide adequate close-range firepower, and the Executioner K also mounts a Light Active Probe to detect hidden units. BV (2.0) = 3,125, BV (2.0) = 2,967, 3,125
- Alt. Config. P
- The Executioner P has a powerful HAG 30 and an LRM-10 rack for long-range combat. Three Heavy Medium Lasers provide short-range firepower. The Executioner P also carries a recently developed Plasma Cannon, which is effectively a supersized Flamer - it elevates heat levels, and is very effective against infantry. BV (2.0) = 3,052, BV (2.0) = 2,898, 3,052
These variants were introduced in various apocryphal sources, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
From MechWarrior Online:
- EXE-CH "Cherbi"
- A customized variant of the Executioner supposedly piloted by Gorman Bekker, the Cherbi carries a massive Ultra AC/20 in its right arm, supported by a trio of ER Small Lasers in the left arm and a Streak SRM-6 rack in the left torso. A single LRM-20 launcher int he right torso provides some ranged firepower, with Cherbi carrying two tons each of Ultra Autocannon and Long Range Missile reloads with a single ton for the ammo-efficient Streak Missile Launcher. 
- Kodiak - When Clan Ghost Bear first acquired plans for the Executioner, the scientist caste originally tried to combine aspects of the OmniMech with the Kodiak BattleMech, which was still on the drawing boards. The ideal outcome would have been to produce a single, fast OmniMech which would also serve as the totem 'Mech of Clan Ghost Bear. Late in the redesign process, the Kodiak prototypes were found incapable of supporting MASC, forcing the Ghost Bears to split the project again into two, separate designs.
- Vandervahn Chistu used an Executioner during the Clan Invasion and up until his death at the end of the Refusal War.
- Sakhan Garth Radick, of clan Wolf, was a Executioner pilot until his death at his command, in last stages of the Battle of Tukayyid.
- MUL online date for the Executioner (Gladiator)
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 142-143, "Executioner OmniMech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 110
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 138
- Technical Readout: 3050, pp. 40-41, "Executioner OmniMech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 38-39, "Executioner OmniMech Profile"
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p.17
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 139
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 140
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 141
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 142
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 152
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 143
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 183
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 184
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 229
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 144
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 185
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 145
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 146
- MechWarrior Online - "Clan Heroes II Sale Page"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 194
- Malcious Intent,pp.46-52
- Blood Legacy
- Combat Operations
- MechWarrior Online Clan Heroes II Sale Page
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Record Sheets: Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade