- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Alshain Class 580 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Durallex Super Medium with CASE|
|Engine||Hermes 270 XL|
|Communications System||Sipher Security Plus 2|
|Targeting Tracking System||Eagle Eye 400 XX|
The Wolf Trap is a BattleMech that the Draconis Combine designed to be used as a long range combat 'Mech. Originally called the Tora, Luthien Armor Works hastily rechristened it the Wolf Trap, the name Federated Commonwealth analysts had given it, to downplay its association with the Combine. The 'Mech is built on a Endo Steel chassis and protects the ammunition stores that it carries onboard with CASE that redirects the force of the explosion when an ammunition bin is hit by enemy fire. The 'Mech has a very respectable speed of 97.2 km/h, which it achieves through the use of a Hermes 270 XL Engine. Finally, the 'Mech is protected with seven and a half tons of armor, giving it a good amount of armor protection for when it is in combat. The Wolf Trap debuted in 3051 but fell out of favor due to opponents targeting its ammunition bays. Subsequently, the DCMS ended procurement in 3061.
Weapons and Equipment
The Wolf Trap carries as its main weapon an Imperator Code Red LB-X Autocannon/10, which allows it to fire both standard solid shells or cluster shells that act like a shotgun and cause damage all over the enemy. For added long range firepower, the Wolf Trap carries a Shigunga LRM-10 launcher which allows it to fire directly and also give indirect fire support when needed. Finally, for close combat, the 'Mech carries a pair of Victory 23R Medium Lasers. This varied arsenal lets the Wolf Trap effectively engage an enemy at any range.
- Despite no longer being produced, Luthien Armor Works authorized an upgrade program during the Jihad at their new plant on Abiy Adi. Though the Wolf Trap is unpopular, there were storehouses that abounded with the discarded 'Mech, giving the DCMS an upgraded machine in desperate times. The autocannon is replaced with a Plasma Rifle, while the missile launcher is upgraded to an MML 9. These changes give the -2 increased flexibility at the cost of some range. It also upgrades the lasers to ER Medium Lasers and adds a third. In addition, three Light Machine Guns are added and linked in a Machine Gun Array. Finally, the heat sinks are upgraded to double heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 1,289
- A minor modification of the Wolf Trap, the C model is modified to carry a C3 slave unit onto the battlefield, allowing the Wolf Trap to share targeting telemetry with other friendly units. The 'Mech achieves this by removing one of the Medium Lasers that it carries. BV (1.0) = 865, BV (2.0) = 1,001
- This variant of the Wolf Trap is roughly based on the "Bear Trap" model. The Medium X-Pulse Lasers and improved armor protection remain, as does the performance provided by the XL Engine, but the Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle has been replaced by a standard Imperator Dragon's Gauss Rifle to ease logistical concerns. This Wolf Trap variant is typically used by newer MechWarriors in less-prestigious units as a light cavalry unit. BV (2.0) = 1,439
- WFT-1 Wolf Trap Daitama
- A uniquely customized Wolf Trap created for former Kurita MechWarrior Daitama Muraki. Refitted by Star League Defense Force techs from the shell of a Wolf Trap given to him. The tech fitted a 270 Rated XL Fusion Engine and 10 Double Heat Sinks into the 'Mech. The design retained the 'Mech's two Medium Lasers and LRM 10 Launcher, while adding a Extended Range PPC in place of its Autocannon. The Second Star League techs then added a Beagle Active Probe and C3i Computer to the 'Mech. BV (1.0) = 1,019
- WFT-2X Wolf Trap "Bear Trap"
- A mid-Jihad test bed design of the Wolf Trap, this 'Mech uses test out Experimental Technologies. This test model retains most of the 'mech equipment, however replace all of its weapons and armor. Its standard armor was replaced by 8 tons of New Samarkand Royal Ferro Fibrous Armor. It armed with a Experimental Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle with 2 tons of ammunition. Its backed up with a pair of experimental Diverse Optics Type 25PX Medium X-Pulse Lasers. The 'Mechs heat sinks were replaced by Double Heatsinks. BV (1.0) = ???, BV (2.0) = 1,211
In German products the unit's proper name was translated to Fangeisen, which rather means Gin Trap. The model code was accordingly changed to FNG-1.
- MUL online date for the Wolf Trap
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 53
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 52
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Inner Sphere), p. 96
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Inner Sphere), p. 97
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Inner Sphere), p. 98
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 107
- Record Sheets: Unique 'Mechs p. 6 - Wolf Trap Daitama - Custom Variant published by BattleCorps website.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Kurita, pp. 4, 17 - Experimental Wolf Trap's fluff and stats.