Technical Readout: 2750
|Technical Readout: 2750|
L. Ross Babcock III (Editor-In-Chief)
Donna Ippolito (Senior Editor)
Jum Musser (Editor)
C. R. Green (Editorial Assistant)
|Primary writing||Clare W. Hess|
Dale L. Kemper
Blaine L. Pardoe
Boy F. Peterson, Jr.
|Cover Artwork||Dana Knutson|
|Era||Star League era|
Technical Readout: 2750 concerns itself with the models of 'Mechs, ASFs, tanks, hovercraft, personal equipment and WarShips in use during the first Star League. It provides Level 2 variants (before the Clans were introduced) of common 3025-era assets. It was the third TRO to be released.
Some designs first published in TRO:2750 were republished in TRO:3025 Revised (1996) and TRO:3039 (2003). The TRO: 3050 Upgrade was announced to replace the design descriptions of TRO:2750 entirely. The information on technology and personal equipment was successively replaced in later rulebooks and MechWarrior related sourcebooks.
From the back cover
|“||In the year 2750, humanity was in the midst of a golden age. United under the interstellar government of the Star League, all mankind prospered and enjoyed an improved quality of life made possible by advances in technology, commerce, human rights, and the arts. Humanity had truly inherited the stars. But those same advances also carried a curse, for the engines of war from the Star League era possessed power unequaled in the Successor States today.
BattleTech Technical Readout: 2750 provides illustrations, statistics, and other vital information about the BattleMechs, AeroSpace Fighters, Tanks and Hovercraft, Personal Equipment, and combat JumpShips of the Star League.
Table of Contents
- Star League Technology
- Construction Materials
- Black Knight
- King Crab
- Aerospace Fighters
- Hellcat II
- Black Lion
- Sovetskii Soyuz
- Personal Equipment
- Emergency Jet Pack
- EMP Pulse Mine
- AMR-20 Rifle/Pistol Silencer
- JAF-05 Flash Suppressor
- Grapple Rod
- Mauser 960 Assault System
- MechWarrior's Combat Suit
- Model 15 Gripper Gloves
- Vibro Lock Pick Kit
Remarks on content
- The title comprises descriptions of 64 units in total, all units derive from Star League era and were previously unpublished. Furthermore it contains descriptions and rules for new technologies and personal equipment for using in MechWarrior. It contains:
- 20 BattleMech designs,
- 12 aerospace fighter designs,
- 18 vehicle designs,
- 35 combat and support vehicles designs and
- 3 VTOL designs,
- 14 WarShips designs.
- Technology for 'Mechs and Vehicles (weapons, equipment and construction materials)
- Technology for spaceships (weapons and drive)
- Personal Equipment (weapons and miscellaneous equipment).
- In-universe, the TRO is presented as a compilation of technology retrieved from the Gray Death Memory Core, twenty years after its discovery, without being credited to a specific source, place or date.
- This book is an interesting glimpse into the Star League era's levels of technology, though some items within would be precluded by later updates that resulted in these items not fitting into the various game systems as well (ex: Bug-Eye).
- The German edition abandoned the chapter on advanced weapons and personal equipment. Instead it introduced the Talon, Spector, Night Hawk, Lynx, Excalibur, Shootist, Striker, Longbow, Emperor, Pillager, Mackie and Alacorn, some Star League era units from Technical Readout: 3058. It also included information about the SLDF and its deployment taken from The Star League.
- The trademark was BattleTech Technical Readout 2750, found only on the back cover.