Technical Readout: 2750
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Technical Readout: 2750|
|Development|| Sam Lewis|
L. Ross Babcock III (Editor-In-Chief)
Donna Ippolito (Senior Editor)
Jum Musser (Editor)
C. R. Green (Editorial Assistant)
|Primary writing|| Clare W. Hess|
Dale L. Kemper
Blaine L. Pardoe
Boy F. Peterson, Jr.
|Cover artwork||Dana Knutson|
|MSRP||12.00 US $|
|Era||Star League era|
Technical Readout: 2750 concerns itself with the models of 'Mechs, ASFs, tanks, hovercraft, personal equipment and WarShips in use during the first Star League. It provides Level 2 variants (before the Clans were introduced) of common 3025-era assets.
In-universe, the TRO is a compilation of technology retrieved from the Gray Death Memory Core, twenty years after its discovery.
From the back cover
|“|| In the year 2750, humanity was in the midst of a golden age. United under the interstellar government of the Star League, all mankind prospered and enjoyed an improved quality of life made possible by advances in technology, commerce, human rights, and the arts. Humanity had truly inherited the stars. But those same advances also carried a curse, for the engines of war from the Star League era possessed power unequaled in the Successor States today.
BattleTech Technical Readout: 2750 provides illustrations, statistics, and other vital information about the BattleMechs, AeroSpace Fighters, Tanks and Hovercraft, Personal Equipment, and combat JumpShips of the Star League.
STAR LEAGUE TECHNOLOGY
- Construction Materials
- Costs – table with purchase costs for above equipment
- Black Knight
- King Crab
- Black Lion
- Sovetskii Soyuz
- Emergency Jet Pack
- EMP Pulse Mine
- Rifle/Pistol Silencer
- Flash Suppressor
- Grapple Rod
- Mauser 960
- MechWarrior's Combat Suit
- Gripper Gloves
- Vibro Lock Pick Kit
- This book is an interesting glimpse into the Star League era's levels of technology, though some items within would be precluded by later updates that resulted in these items not fitting into the various game systems as well (ex: Bug-Eye).
- The German edition abandoned the chapter on advanced weapons and personal equipment. Instead it introduced the Talon, Spector, Night Hawk, Lynx, Excalibur, Shootist, Striker, Longbow, Emperor, Pillager, Mackie and Alacorn, some Star League era units from Technical Readout: 3058. It also included information about the SLDF and its deployment taken from The Star League.