- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Star League|
|Safe Thrust||2 g|
|Top Thrust||3 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||14|
|Armament|| 16 x NL55s |
2 x NL45s
14 x NAC/10s
32 x Large Lasers
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||20/0|
|Heat Sinks||1,850 Heat Sinks|
Named for one of the first members of the Terran Hegemony WarShip Sub-Command, the Lola-class destroyer was designed as an escort and picket ship, and served with distinction in the Hegemony navy for centuries.
The only poor quality of the Lola was its lack of crew space – mounting heavy armor, the Lola was more massive than originally intended, and required Rolls Le Fay interplanetary drives to meet performance requirements. This change in the design forced designers to reduce internal space; space within the hull of the Lola comes at a high price, making this ship exceptionally cramped.
The Lola Block I was eventually replaced by the Lola Block II, introduced under license by Blue Nose Clipperships in 2622. However, the Lola II was a flawed design, and was decommissioned within 40 years of its introduction, replaced by the Lola Block III.
A number of Lola Is passed into the hands of the Star League member states; the Capellan Confederation was operating two such WarShips among the thirty-six WarShips of the Capellan Navy in 2765 while the Draconis Combine was fielding five in the Draconis Combine Admiralty and the Lyran Commonwealth was fielding four at the same point in time. The largest user of the Lola I at this point was the Rim Worlds Republic, however; twenty-one assorted Lola Is were in service with the Republic navy.
The armament of the Lola is mixed, allowing the Lola to engage both large and small naval targets. An earlier class, the Lola’s weaponry is focused on naval lasers and naval autocannons, and mounts Large Lasers as deterents for small craft.
The Lola was not designed as a transport vessel. The class has three bays, but these bays are used to ferry 1 squadron of AeroSpace Fighters, 2 small craft, and approximately 115,000 tons of cargo.
- MUL online date for the Lola I
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 210, "Lola I WarShip Profile"
- Field Report: Capellan Confederation 2765, p. 5, "Guarding the Vault of Heaven"
- Official Errata Thread
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 5, "The Vacuum Fleet"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 4, "WarShips of the Territorial States"