A squadron is a standard aerospace formation common to most militaries of the Inner Sphere. The Clans, ComStar, Word of Blake, Draconis Combine, Taurian Concordat, and Marian Hegemony do not use the term in their military organization.
Faction-specific Squadron Compositions
SLDF squadrons were composed of three flights of two fighters, for a total of six fighters to a squadron. The SLDF Navy also used the term squadron to refer to Large Craft formations consisting of approximately 18 vessels.
In the Capellan Confederation, a squadron is instead composed of two elements (or triples), each consisting of three fighters, for a total of six fighters to a squadron.
Rasalhague squadrons all operate in two flights of two, for a total of four fighters to a squadron.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 14
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 16-17
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 23-24
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 15
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 87-88
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 33-34
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 18-19
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 24-25
- Strategic Operations: Advanced Aerospace Rules, p. 26