- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
A Flight, also known as an Air Lance or simply a Lance, is typically the smallest grouping of air assets in the Inner Sphere military structure. It consists of a pair of AeroSpace Fighters, Conventional Fighters, VTOL or WiGE craft. Originating with the Star League Defense Force, the flight is common to most armies and mercenary units. Although not a formal part of their military structure, the Com Guards and Word of Blake Militia also pair their fighters together.
For the Capellan Confederation, the equivalent unit is an Element and may consist of two or three fighters; known as a triple, the latter was adopted for its increased defensive abilities and serves as the command element for a wing. Formally, a Flight in the CCAF is composed of two Squadrons and averages twelve fighters total, making it equivalent to an aero-company.
- Total Warfare, p. 34 - Organization - Lance/Battalions/Platoons - Flight description.
- Field Manual: Mercenaries (Revised), p. 31
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 24
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 25
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 19
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 9
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederatoin, p. 33
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 15