|X:Y Coordinates||-83.471 : 292.084[e]|
|Recharge time||196 hours|
- 1 System Description
- 2 Political Affiliation
- 3 Sudeten IV
- 3.1 Planetary History
- 3.2 Military Deployment
- 3.3 Geography
- 3.4 Planetary locations
- 3.5 Industrial Centers
- 4 Map Gallery
- 5 Nearby Systems
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
- 2340 - No record
- 2571 - No record
- 2596 - No record
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Clan Jade Falcon (From October)
- 3052 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3057 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3063 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3066 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3067 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3063 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3075 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3079 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3081 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3085 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3135 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3151 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3152 - Clan Jade Falcon
|Jump Point distance||4.12 days|
|Moons||2 (Saar and Sule)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||30° C (Cool-Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Landmasses||3 (Dargoth, Holcomb, Jarho Islands)|
|History and Culture|
|Government and Infrastructure|
|Noble Ruler||Duke of Sudeten|
Sudeten circles its brilliant sun at a distance of nearly three astronomical units, i.e. three times the earth-sun distance, though this contradicts multiple publications indicating that Sudeten has a dim orange K2V primary.
Sudeten was uncolonized until the Reunification War when a Star League supply depot was established there to aid the war effort against the Rim Worlds Republic. By the end of the war Sudeten had grown into an industrialized world with BattleMech and vehicle production capabilities.
Throughout the twenty-seventh and twenty-eighth centuries, Sudeten continued to grow as a prosperous colony world. During the last years of the Star League, Sudeten hosted a garrison from the Star League Defense Force.
The Succession Wars
While Sudeten was mostly unaffected by the Star League's fall, it suffered a major blow shortly after the outbreak of the First Succession War. In 2788, Sudeten was struck by a DCMS task force that destroyed the Tamar Heavy Industries BattleMech plants located on Sudeten.
Though the rest of the planet suffered little direct damage, this loss plunged Sudeten into a recession that lasted until the early years of the thirty-first century. Michael Olivetti of Defiance Industries arrived in 2990 and used a combination of venture capital and local resources to refurbish part of the military manufacturing facilities under his company's stewardship. By the mid-thirty-first century Olivetti Weaponry had become successful enough to restore Sudeten's economy and gain Olivetti rulership of the planet as its Duke.
Clan Invasion era
The first months of Operation REVIVAL saw a boost to Sudeten's production levels due to its ability to manufacture new technology and position near the front-lines. The front drew ever-closer to Sudeten until the planet itself became a target during REVIVAL's Fourth Wave in September 3050. The Turkina Keshik and 124th Striker Cluster of Clan Jade Falcon struck Sudeten, squaring off against the legendary Gray Death Legion supported by the Sudeten Militia. One of the best mercenary outfits in the Inner Sphere, the Legion fought a series of delaying actions lasting into October in the hope of mauling the 124th Striker but in the end could not save the planet. The largest battle of the campaign occurred at the Sudeten Space Port, where the Militia's BattleMech company sacrificed themselves so that the Legion could board their DropShips and escape.
At first the planet served merely as an industrial hub for its new overlords but following the Refusal War and the Falcon Incursion Khan Marthe Pryde transferred the Occupation Zone capital from Wotan to Sudeten in 3058. Its new role saw Sudeten benefit from infrastructure improvements and the siting of Clan government facilities. While the older generation still mourned the loss of their freedoms, the younger inhabitants' loyalty to the Clan grew.
In 3136, Sudeten saw heavy fighting between Jade Falcon factions during the civil war of the warring Clan Falcons fought between the Mongol Doctrine leader Malvina Hazen and the traditionalist Khan Jana Pryde. After Malvina's victory, she showed her faction bloodlust by throwing the clan's critically damaged WarShip Emerald Talon onto the planet, deliberately destroying the capital Hammarr and killing all its inhabitants.
- Fourth Donegal Guards
- Fourth Donegal Guards
- Gray Death Legion
Sudeten has three continents named Dargoth, Holcomb, and Jarho Islands.
- Dargoth Plains: site of an important battle during the Refusal War
- Hameward Mountains:
- Hamarr: on the continent of Dargoth; planetary capital and location of the only spaceport on the planet in 3052
- Harz Mountains
- Killiring River: a river five kilometers from Hammarr
- Sudeten Space Port: space port and site of a major battle during Operation REVIVAL
- Webster: a port city with a magna-rail station; site of an important battle during the Refusal War
- Falcon's Roost Orbital Assembly Plant
- Olivetti Weaponry
- Tamar Heavy Industries (destroyed 2788)
- Trellshire Heavy Industries
|Closest 40 systems (39 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- FedCom Civil War, p. 205: "Sudeten"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 133: "Sudeten"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 14: "Sudeten"
- Tamar Rising, p. 72
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11
- First Succession War, pp. 24–25
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123
- First Succession War, pp. 112–113
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 132: "District and Prefecture Boundaries of Kurita Space"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 42: "Sudeten"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43
- Era Report: 3062, p. 30
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65
- Field Report: Clans, p. 26
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii: "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 103
- Tamar Rising, poster map
- Tamar Rising, p. 105
- Blood of Heroes, p. 48
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 255: "SLDF - Lyran Commonwealth Military Command Map"
- First Succession War, p. 61: "The War of Raids: House Steiner's Succession War"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 93
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22: "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56: "The Jihad In Review"
- A Rending of Falcons, p. 306
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 11: "Donegal Guards" - Regimental Status
- First Succession War, p. 139: "First Succession War Deployment Table - LCAF"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 140: "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 26: "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 42
- Objective Raids, p. 60: "Unit Note"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 153: "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, pp. 72–73
- Field Report: Clans, p. 15: "Clan Jade Falcon Deployment Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 125: "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 168: "Alpha Galaxy (Clan Jade Falcon)"
- Day of Heroes, p. 7
- Day of Heroes, p. 8
- The Falcon and the Wolf, p. 20: "Aftermath"
- A Rending of Falcons, ch. 7
- A Rending of Falcons, ch. 6
- A Rending of Falcons, ch. 10
- A Rending of Falcons, ch. 28
- Day of Heroes, p. 44
- I Am Jade Falcon, chs. 1–7, 9–12, 15–16, Epilogue
- The Falcon and the Wolf, p. 19: "Situation: Sudeten, Jade Falcon Occupation Zone, 27 September 3057"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 14: "Falcon's Roost Orbital Assembly Plant"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 14: "Olivetti Weaponry"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 14: "Trellshire Heavy Industries"
- 20 Year Update
- Blood of Heroes (novel)
- Chiaroscuro (in: Total Warfare)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- The Falcon and the Wolf
- FedCom Civil War
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: Clans
- Field Report 2765: LCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- I Am Jade Falcon
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: The Clans
- Shattered Fortress