Turkina Keshik (Clan Jade Falcon)
- This article is about the military unit. For other uses, see Turkina (disambiguation).
|Nickname||The Chosen of Turkina|
|Affiliation||Clan Jade Falcon|
|Parent Command||Jade Falcon Tourman|
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Organization Structure
- 6 Game Rules
- 7 Notes
- 8 References
- 9 Bibliography
One notable combat action for the Turkina Keshik was on Von Strang's World; the Turkina Keshik and the Falcon Guards were reconfigured with Arrow IV launchers and vaporized the fortress of the planet's dictator.
The Turkina Keshik was deployed to Coventry with Jade Falcon forces, but did not participate as a unit. Several warriors from the Keshik were temporarily detached to the Harrier and Red-Tail ad hoc units, which did see action against the Waco Rangers. Additionally, several Trinaries from Turkina Keshik were attached to Clusters full of younger warriors to help stiffen their resolve.
In March 3150, the Turkina Keshik was on Skye along with the 124th Falcon Striker Cluster when three front-line Clusters from Clan Wolf's Beta Galaxy dropped on the planet. Turkina Keshik thought Alaric Ward was leading the Wolf forces and wanted the honor of capturing or killing him. Turkina Keshik poured heavy fire into the Wolves' 19th Striker Cluster and even engaged them at close range. As soon as they were committed, the Ninth Wolf Guard Striker Cluster slammed into the Keshik from behind. The warriors of Turkina Keshik were forced to retreat, and eventually this became a rout. The survivors of the Keshik and 124th Falcon Striker Cluster withdrew from Skye on March 12, 3150
|Commanding Officers of the Turkina Keshik|
|Khan||Yvonne Hazen||???? – 3020|
|Star Colonel||Elias Crichell||3020|
|Star Colonel||Vandervahn Chistu||3053|
|Khan||Marthe Pryde||3061 – 3062|
- Due to the many demands on the Khan Marthe Pryde's schedule, the Keshik was normally overseen by the unit's XO, often a Star Colonel who was prepared to command a Galaxy. In 3062 the unit's XO was Star Colonel Quillic Mattlov.
Unlike many Clan Keshiks, the Turkina Keshik is always a Cluster in size. This allows them greater tactical flexibility and allows the Khan to dispatch units as needed. Only Trueborn warriors are allowed in the Turkina Keshik.
- Five Trinaries
- Turkina Keshik uses zellbrigen. If their opponent breaks zellbrigen they gain access to the Force the Initiative and Overrun Combat special abilities.
- When rolling on a random assignment table, each Star of forces fielded may roll once on the Republic of the Sphere Random Assignment Table.
- Era Report: 3062, p. 56
- Shattered Fortress, p. 84
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 19
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 48
- Shattered Fortress, p. 117
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 9-11 - "Legend of Turkina"