- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
A Galaxy is the largest type of military formation fielded by the Clans, equivalent to a Brigade in the defunct Star League Defense Force. It consists of several Clusters and is commanded by a Galaxy Commander. Galaxies are self-contained units which include all the necessary assets to mount independent operations, though in practice Galaxies rarely take to the field of battle as one unified force.
Some Galaxies can have as few as two Clusters, while others can have as many as six. Most Galaxies though will have anywhere from three to five Clusters, with an average of four, and include an independent command Trinary or Cluster.
Nicholas Kerensky himself recognized that Galaxies were more for logistical purposes than anything else and unlike smaller formations never set down criteria for their composition. Support elements such as engineers, artillery and MASH units are organized at the Galaxy level but can be attached to individual Clusters as needed.
- MechWarrior's Guide to the Clans, p. 75
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 12
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 10
- Classic BattleTech RPG, p. 200