House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
| House Kurita|
The Draconis Combine
|Development|| Jordan Weisman, Tara Gallagher (Production Managers)|
L. Ross Babcock (Editor-In-Chief)
|Primary writing|| Boy F. Petersen, Jr.|
|Cover artwork||Dana Knutson|
|Interior artwork||David R. Deitrick|
|Illustrations|| Jim Holloway|
Todd F. Marsh
|MSRP||15.00 US $|
|Era||Succession Wars era|
|Followed by||House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)|
From the back cover
|“|| On September 9 2796, Coordinator Jinjiro Kurita, consumed with bloodlust, ordered his troops to slaughter the citizens of Kentares IV to the last man...
To control his people, the Coordinator of the Draconis Combine must control their ideology. Thus, Draconis society's values are Harmony and Purity—Harmony with the interests and intentions of the Kurita state, and Purity from any thoughts that contradict those of the Coordinator.
Only the powerful, mystical society ComStar could compile this sourcebook on House Kurita and the Draconis Combine. Dozens of full-color illustrations depict famous personalities, scenes, and military ranks, decorations, and insignia. Also included is Kurita history, from Shiro Kurita's bloody conquests while forging the Draconis Combine to Takashi Kurita's ruthless "justice." Every Combine 'Mech regiment from Rasalhague to Luthien is listed, along with the totalitarian government's structure, a description of the ISF (the Coordinator's secret police), and excerpts from the Dictum Honorium, which spells out the codes of conduct for Kurita citizens.
Threatening to devour both the Federated Suns and the Lyran Commonwealth, the Dragon grows stronger and more fearsome. Every year brings the Draconis Combine closer to fulfilling its destiny of conquering the Inner Sphere.
- Pillar of Gold
- Sociopolitical Structure
- The Ruler
- The Nobility
- Government Structure
- Government Districts
- Interstellar Relations
- Strengths and Weaknesses
- Pillar of Ivory
- Pillar of Steel
- Pillar of Teak
- Daily Life and Culture
- Social Problems
- Pillar of Jade
- Economic Structure
- The Corporate Structure
- Important Corporations
- Strengths and Weaknesses
- A Brief Atlas
- Map of the Draconis Combine
- Much of the information was intended as background material for MechWarrior role-playing game campaigns.
- A downloadable version (sans pictures) is available at House Kurita Book
- According to a sidebar in Handbook: House Kurita, this book was published in 3026.
- Handbook: House Kurita, pp. 22 "Road to War"