Parakoila nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-132.333 : 322.815[e]|
|Recharge time||206 hours |
- 1 Political Affiliation
- 2 Planetary Info
- 3 Planetary History
- 4 Military Deployment
- 5 Planetary Locations
- 6 Map Gallery
- 7 Nearby Systems
- 8 References
- 9 Bibliography
- 2341 - No record 
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Clan Steel Viper 
- 3057 - Clan Steel Viper 
- 3063 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3067 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3075 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3079 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3081 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3085 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3135 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3151 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3152 - Alyina Mercantile League 
Parakoila is a mineral rich world, known for its gold and heavy metals. The planet's capital is the city of Mainstrike. During the middle of the thirty-first century, the planet had a small 'Mech component manufacturing complex.
Clan Jade Falcon Invasion
In September of 3050, the planet became the target of Clan Jade Falcon's Gyrfalcon Galaxy during the Clans' Invasion of the Inner Sphere. The planet's garrison force, the Parakoila 'Mech Battalion, converted a number of the planet's gold and heavy metal mines into defensive fortifications comparable to the SLDF's Castles Brian. The Gyrfalcons were forbidden by their Khans from using orbital bombardment because they wished to take the mines intact. Thus the Galaxy was forced to take the battle to the enemy themselves, fighting major confrontations at the Forty-Niner Mine and Mainstrike. In the end it took six weeks to root out the enemy, making the conquest of Parakoila the longest ever during the Clan Invasion, and even after the Battle of Tukayyid these same tunnels would be used by guerrillas to launch raids.
The Steel Vipers Trial of Possession
In July of 3052, Clan Steel Viper launched a Trial of Possession campaign to extend their territories in Occupation Zones which included Parakoila. Faced with a frontline unit, Jade Falcon's garrison commander deemed planet strategically unimportant due to the lack of worthwhile resources. The 5th Provisional Garrison Cluster evacuated the planet in face of the Vipers, surrendering it to the Vipers' 57th Striker Cluster without a fight.
During the Viper's garrison period, elements of the planet's old Lyran 'Mech Battalion would attack patrols and hit their supply depots once in awhile from planet's extensive mines.
In mid-3072 as the uprising launched by the faction known as The Society gripped the Clan Homeworlds, elements of the Jade Falcon scientist class engaged in a similar uprising within the Clan Jade Falcon occupation zone. Headed up by Scientist Etienne Balzac, the scientists used their forces to secure various Jade Falcon resources they considered critical, such as the Jade Falcon backup genetic repository. Parakoila was one of the worlds the rogue scientists targeted; a Cluster of scientist-affiliated forces surrounded New Petra in the middle of the year, demanding that the solahma warriors of the Fifth Talon Cluster surrender. Predictably, the Jade Falcon warriors refused, and began building fortifications close to the dome airlocks. Balzac had focused on Parakoila because of the significant role the world played in the industrial network the Jade Falcons had established, as key components for the majority of the Clans laser weapons were manufactured on the planet.
Khan Marthe Pryde's response to the Society actions on Parakoila was swift and unequivocal; the Aegis-class heavy cruiser CJF Hawk Eye was ordered to deploy to the system, under the command of Star Admiral Yvic Fetladral. Fetladral issued an ultimatum to the occupying forces, demanding that they withdraw immediately and surrender. When they refused, Fetladral subjected New Petra to orbital bombardment, destroying both the city and the enemy forces. Fetladral claimed to be acting under orders from Pryde to destroy the city because of evidence obtained by the Jade Falcon Watch indicating that the rogue scientists had developed a genetic virus of some kind that was decimating the ranks of the Clan's warriors, and that the possibility that the citizens of New Petra had been deliberately poisoned so as to spread the virus amongst the Jade Falcons was too great to allow the city to survive.
3054 - 3061
- New Petra: the largest domed city on Parakoila; destroyed by orbital bombardment in mid-3072.
|Closest 32 systems (31 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Goat Path||37.8||Kookens Pleasure Pit||40.1||Morges||40.6||Graus||40.8|
|Sudeten||57.7||Hot Springs||59.0||Esteros||59.8||Blue Hole||60.2|
- Tamar Rising, poster map
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic At the Fall of the Star League "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (sourcebook), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (sourcebook), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. vii, "Lyran Commonwealth Map - "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 26, "Clan Jade Falcon/Clan Wolf in Exile Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 102-103: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 42 - Parakoila - Falcon's invasion of the planet gives brief description and its capital city.
- Invading Clans, p. 90 Parakoila - 'Mech component planet noted.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 255: "SLDF - Lyran Commonwealth Military Region Command map"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 42 - Parakoila - Delta Galaxy's prolong campaign to take the mines of Parkoila intact.
- Invading Clans, p. 90 Parakoila - Falcons surrender the planet without a fight due to lack of worth in eyes of its garrison commander.
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 42 - Parakoila - Invasion of planet notes during Viper's control of the planet, 'Mech battalion would arise and hit their assets before fading into the planet's tunnels system.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 99, "Ultimatum"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 99-100, "Scraping the Falcon"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 59 Falcon Analysis - Parakoila's HPG among other Falcon controlled worlds are knocked out.
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 42, "Defending force in 3050 listed."
- Invading Clans, p. 90, "Parakoila" - 5th PGC noted as being Falcon's Garrison force as of 3052, prior to Vipers.
- Objective Raids, p. 59, "Unit Note"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 166, "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Warden Clans
- Field Report: LAAF
- First Succession War (sourcebook)
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Invading Clans
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Objective Raids
- Shattered Fortress
- The Wars of Reaving