Kooken's Pleasure Pit
|Kooken's Pleasure Pit|
|X:Y Coordinates||-165.238 : 345.818[e]|
|Recharge time||186 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Zenith (3152)|
- 1 System Description
- 2 Political Affiliation
- 3 Kooken's Pleasure Pit IV
- 4 Map Gallery
- 5 Nearby Systems
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
- 2341 - No record
- 2571 - No record
- 2596 - No record
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Arc Royal Defense Cordon
- 3063 - Arc Royal Defense Cordon
- 3067 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3075 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3079 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3135 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3151 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3152 - Alyina Mercantile League
Kooken's Pleasure Pit IV
|Kooken's Pleasure Pit|
|Also known as||Kooken's Pleasure Pit IV|
|Jump Point distance||7.47 days|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||30°C (Arid)|
|Highest native life||Mammal, 40%|
|History and Culture|
|Government and Infrastructure|
|Noble Ruler||Duke of Kooken|
|HPG Representative||Precentor Sherri Dun (3025)|
Kooken's Pleasure Pit is a world with a robust rest and relaxation industry. The planet was noted for entertainment industries and pleasant climate, but having poor mineral wealth.
The Planet was settled during the Star League era. The planet gained its present name from name of an infamous novel written by native Michael Kooken. Kooken's book was a tale of his misadventures & numerous bedding of women. The book became so popular, that the planet was renamed for his famous mansion described in the novel.
Creation of the Pleasure Industries
In 3005, Archon Alessandro Steiner fostered what became euphemistically known as "pleasure industries" in an attempt to break the back of the Malthus organized crime syndicate that operated out of Dustball. Many in his own government protested the plan. However, the Archon felt that if the industries could not be stamped out, it would at least be as well that they were not in the hands of organized crime.
The establishment of the pleasure industry, including legalized—albeit extremely strictly regulated—prostitution, fostered a boom in tourism for the planet. The industries are strictly controlled by the Lyran government, and age-of-consent, health, wage, and working condition laws were heavily enforced. The industries were also restricted to special zones on the planet. Most other areas on the planet not connected with these zones were officially declared out-of-bounds to off-world tourists.
The planet has also gained a reputation as a producer of holo-entertainment, ranging from romance and other mainstream entertainment films to pornography, mostly through the large vid-concern Holo Entertainments from Kooken.
As of 3025, it was unclear how much of an impact that the heavily regulated legalization on Kooken's had on the Malthus family, with some commenting that the organized crime syndicate was too large and too well-entrenched for even House Steiner to pose any credible competition in Malthus' chosen businesses.
The Clan Invasion Era
During the Clan Invasion and the Truce of Tukayyid, Kooken's Pleasure Pit became a favorite destination for soldiers on Rest & Relaxation. The Commonwealth had originally established a logistics & training base on the planet, but when the planet suddenly found itself on the border with the Clans, frontline military units were then stationed there. Soldiers who had been stationed there returned to the planet after retirement and settled their families there. The planet's defense forces were built up to include BattleMechs among its Militia forces.
The Red Corsair Raid
In February of 3055, the mysterious pirate band The Corsairs attacked the Planet. Led by a woman claiming to be the Red Corsair, her regiment sized force challenged and caused heavy damage to the battalion of Robinson Rangers and Grave Walkers that were defending the planet. The Kooken's Reserve Militia led by Kommandant Nelson Geist tried to stall for time while the Rangers and Walkers attempted to reach the battle, but the fierce fighting ended in the Militia's defeat. It was suspected that the survivors were taken as slaves after pirates took their booty and left the planet.
Jade Falcon Incursion
During the rage of the FedCom Civil War, Clan Jade Falcon conducted an Incursion in 3064. Khan Marthe Pryde and her Turkina Keshik and Third Falcon Swoop conducted a Trial of Possession for the planet against its Lyran mercenary defenders, the Grave Walkers. Within an hour of fighting, the mercenaries had lost a battalion's worth of troops to Falcons. Despite their experienced being stationed on border and surviving being destroyed by them in initial Clan invasion of 3052, its commander Colonel Akru Kirah conceded that he would not be able to hold the planet. The Colonel fought & won personal Trial of Possession for right of invoking hegira and leaving the planet in the hands of the Falcons.
After the Battle of Terra left the Jade Falcon Occupation Zone bereft of central authority, Kooken's Pleasure Pit chose to join the Alyina Mercantile League. Syndic Marena hoped to revive the planet's tourism industries as a source of income for the AML.
|Closest 32 systems (32 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Pasig||13.2||Goat Path||13.4||Blackjack||20.4||Blue Hole||21.6|
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 172: "Kooken's Pleasure Pit" planet profile
- Operational Turning Points: The Red Corsair, p. 4: Kooken's Pleasure Pit
- Tamar Rising, poster map
- Tamar Rising, p. 72
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10
- First Succession War, pp. 24–25
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123
- First Succession War, pp. 112–113
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. vii: "Lyran Commonwealth Map - "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 21
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Shattered Fortress, pp. 102–103
- Handbook: House Steiner, pp. 25, 35: Maps of Lyran Commonwealth 2571 & 2822 - Kooken's Pleasure Pit does not exist after Age of War, but does after First Succession War
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25: Rim Worlds Republic & Lyran Commonwealth Steller Map of 2750 - Kooken's Pleasure Pit present on map as of 2750
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 131: Public Media -
- Operational Turning Points: The Red Corsair, pp. 8, 19–20: Information on the Battle with Red Corsairs on Kooken's Pleasure Pit
- FedCom Civil War, pp. 115–116: Falcon Incursion - Jade Falcons take Kooken's Pleasure Pit from Lyrans
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 129: Brian Pryde - Loremaster Pryde plays at remains of the casinos on Kooken's Pleasure Pit
- Tamar Rising, p. 49, "Absorption and Mergers"
- Objective Raids, p. 55: "Note of Unit"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 131: "Culture and the Arts - Public Media - Holo Entertainments from Kooken"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- FedCom Civil War
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: LAAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids
- Operational Turning Points: The Red Corsair
- Shattered Fortress
- Tamar Rising