Micro Pulse Laser
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Micro Pulse Laser|
|Year Availability||3060 (CSJ)|
|Damage||3 + 2D6 vs. Infantry|
|Ammo Per Ton||--|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||N/A|
|BV (1.0)||12|
The Micro Pulse Laser was designed by Clan Smoke Jaguar (alongside the ER Micro Laser) primarily for use on their ProtoMechs. It has since spread to all the Clans. It has been used on several Battle Armor systems. Like the Small Pulse Laser, this model can be set to a burst fire mode designed to eliminate infantry.
Since the Micro Pulse Laser is exclusively a Clan weapon, there are no Inner Sphere manufacturers or models. This also means that there are no X-Pulse, ER Pulse or Variable Speed versions of this weapon. Additionally, it has not yet been modified to serve as a Laser Anti-Missile System, like the Small Pulse Laser has.
Like all pulse weapons, Micro Pulse Lasers receive a -2 to hit modifier, but cannot benefit from Targeting Computers.
Aside from functioning as a Pulse Laser and having an Anti-infantry mode, the Micro Pulse Laser has identical stats (size, mass, heat, damage and range) to the standard Small Laser that is widespread throughout the Inner Sphere. For modern Inner Sphere or Mixed Tech units looking to upgrade with Clan Tech, the Micro Pulse Laser is a viable option.
- TechManual, p. 291, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment (Cont)"
- TechManual, p. 226, "Laser - Pulse Laser"
- TechManual, p. 343, "Clan Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- Total Warfare p. 217 "Burst Fire Weapons Versus Infantry Table
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- BattleTech Master Rules, p. 129, "Pulse Lasers"