- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
An Demi-Precentor was originally an informal rank within the Order of ComStar and the Word of Blake faction to refer to a senior Adept or junior Precentor. When Conrad Toyama reformed the organization from its original corporate structure into a monastic order, the support staff of a Precentor were also known as Demi-Precentors. After the ComStar Schism, the reforms instituted by Primus Sharilar Mori included making the rank of Demi-Precentor an official part of Order's structure, with five or more Demi-Precentors reporting to each Precentor on rotating assignments. As with other ComStar ranks, these new Demi-Precentor's seniority and branch were classified through the use of Greek letters and Roman numerals appended to the end of the rank, i.e. Demi-Precentor Sigma IX being a ninth-year member of that rank in the Order's Public Relations Branch.
The pre-Schism Com Guards and the Word of Blake Militia used the rank of Demi-Precentor to informally refer to a senior Adept in charge of several Level II units or a junior Precentor in charge of a Level III unit. The reformed Com Guards made official the rank of the Demi-Precentor as the commander of a Level III unit (and sometimes a Level IV), making it rought analogous to the Inner Sphere rank of Major.
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 10
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 19
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 81