- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- The Black Pants Legion Presents: The Hunchback, Coming August 26
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works - OmniMech Production Facility|
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere OmniMech|
|Chassis||Alshain Type KR140 Endo Steel|
|Engine||Omni 175 XL|
|Communications System||Sipher CommCon SCU-9|
|Targeting Tracking System||Matabushi Stalker|
|Heat Sinks||10 double|
The Raptor was the first Inner Sphere OmniMech. Luthien Armor Works designed the Raptor as a proof of concept after months of studying OmniMech salvage recovered from the Battle of Luthien. The inherent ease of repair and ability to reconfigure loadout made the resulting OmniMech a premier recon and fast strike unit.
Weapons and Equipment
The Raptor is built on an Alshain Type KR140 endo steel chassis and uses a weight-saving Omni 175 XL engine, which gives the Raptor a top speed of 118.8 km/h. Three and a half tons of armor provides protection to the Raptor from most light weapons, but the Raptor relies more on its speed than anything else to protect it from taking damage, as this armor protection is thin.
The Primary configuration of the Raptor is built to engage an enemy at long ranges with its three LRM-5 launchers. In the case that the enemy somehow manages to close with the swift moving Raptor, the 'Mech carries two medium lasers and two small lasers. Additionally, in the primary configuration, the Raptor carries two machine guns to defend against infantry attacks.
- Alternate Configuration C
- Configured for medium to close range combat, the C configuration of the Raptor is built to swoop in on a target and overwhelm an enemy with fire from its six medium lasers and two small pulse lasers; to deal with this large heat load it also adds two more double heat sinks. For missile defense, the Raptor C carried an anti-missile system. BV (1.0) = 780, BV (2.0) = 870
- Alternate Configuration D
- Loaded with advanced electronic equipment, the D configuration carries a TAG laser designator, a Beagle active probe, and a C3 slave unit. The Raptor D is armed with a short-range arsenal of three Streak SRM-2 launchers and two small lasers, as well as two machine guns to deter infantry attacks. The combination of a Beagle active probe, TAG, and a C3 slave make the Raptor D an excellent point 'Mech for light C3 lances, since it is able to share targeting information with allied units and also find hidden units and designate them for highly accurate artillery fire. BV (1.0) = 428, BV (2.0) = 490
- Alternate Configuration F
- Similar to the C configuration, the F configuration of the Raptor carries five ER medium lasers and adds three additional double heat sinks. The Raptor F has added maneuverability with the addition of seven jump jets, allowing it to jump up to 210 meters. BV (1.0) = 959, BV (2.0) = 1,029
- Alternate Configuration R
- A field upgrade developed in the midst of Operation Bulldog, this configuration utilized captured Clan Smoke Jaguar weapons to help bolster the SLDF forces in later waves. This configuration mounts an array of Clan-tech, utilizing an ER large laser and ER medium laser in each arm as well as an ER small laser beside a C3 slave unit in the center torso.  BV (2.0) = 1,393
- Raptor II - Little related other than in name, the Raptor II is basically a hyper-advanced, enlarged, non-Omni Raptor designed by the Word of Blake to test and utilize the Void Signature system.
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Raubvogel. The model code was accordingly changed to RBV1-O.
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, pp. 94–95: "RTX1-O Raptor"
- MUL online date for the Raptor
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 120-121, "Raptor OmniMech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 144
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 190
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 80-81, "Raptor Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 145
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 191
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 146
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 192
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 147
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 193
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 148
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 194
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 149
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 195
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 150
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 196
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 197
- The Dragon Roars, p. 6
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 198
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 60
- BattleMech Manual, p. 94 BattleMech Quirk Table - Raptor Entry.
- The Dragon Roars
- Master Unit List
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Record Sheets: 3067
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade