- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works - OmniMech Production Facility|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere OmniMech|
|Chassis||Alshain Type KR140 Endo-Steel|
|Engine||Omni 175 XL|
|Communications System||Sipher CommCon SCU-9|
|Targeting Tracking System||Matabushi Stalker|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
The Raptor began as a proof of concept design by Luthien Armor Works that turned into a respected recon and fast strike OmniMech. The Raptor is built on an Alshain Type KR140 Endo Steel chassis and uses a weight-saving Omni 175 XL Engine, which gives the Raptor a top speed of 118.8 kph. Three and a half tons of armor provides protection to the Raptor from most light weapons. The Raptor relies more on its speed than anything else to protect it from taking damage, as its armor protection is thin.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary configuration of the Raptor is built to engage an enemy at long ranges with its three LRM-5 launchers. In the case that the enemy somehow manages to close with the swift moving Raptor, the 'Mech carries two Medium Lasers and two Small Lasers. Additionally, in the primary configuration, the Raptor carries two Machine Guns to defend against infantry attacks.
- Alt Config C
- Configured for medium to close range combat, the C configuration of the Raptor is built to swoop in on a target and overwhelm an enemy with fire from its six Medium Lasers and two Small Pulse Lasers and adds two more double heat sinks. For missile defense the Raptor C carries an Anti-Missile System. BV (1.0) = 780, BV (2.0) = 870
- Alt Config D
- Loaded with advanced electronic equipment, the D configuration carries a TAG laser designator, a Beagle Active Probe, and a C3 Slave unit. The Raptor D is armed with a short-range arsenal of three Streak SRM-2 launchers and two Small Lasers. To deter infantry attacks, the D configuration has two Machine Guns. The combination of a Beagle Active Probe with TAG and a C3 slave make the Raptor D an excellent point 'Mech for light C3 lances, since it is able to share targeting information with allied units and also find hidden units and designate them for highly accurate artillery fire. BV (1.0) = 428, BV (2.0) = 490
- Alt Config F
- Similar to the C configuration, the F configuration of the Raptor carries five ER Medium Lasers and adds three additional double heat sinks. The Raptor F has added maneuverability with the addition of seven jump jets, allowing it to jump up to two hundred and ten meters. BV (1.0) = 959, BV (2.0) = 1,029
- Alt Config R (Bulldog)
- A field upgrade developed in the midst of Operation Bulldog, this configuration utilized captured Clan Smoke Jaguar weapons to help bolster the SLDF forces in later waves. This configuration mounts an array of Clan-tech Extended Range Lasers, with an ER Large and medium in each arm and a ER Small Laser beside a C3 Slave unit in the center torso.  BV (2.0) = 1,393
- Raptor II - Little related other than in name, the Raptor II is basically a hyper-advanced, enlarged, non-Omni Raptor designed by the Word of Blake to test and utilize the Void Signature System.
In German products the unit's proper name was perfectly translated to Raubvogel. The model code was accordingly changed to RBV1-O.
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 120-121, "Raptor OmniMech Profile"
- MUL online date for the Raptor
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 144
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 190
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 80-81, "Raptor Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 145
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 191
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 146
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 192
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 147
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 193
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 148
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 194
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 149
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 195
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 150
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 196
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 197
- The Dragon Roars, p. 6
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 198
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 60
- Master Unit List
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Record Sheets: 3067
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- The Dragon Roars