- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Blue Shot Weapons|
|Chassis||Thor-4 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Norse-34 Ferro-Fibrous with CASE|
|Communications System||Tek BattleCom|
|Targeting Tracking System||FireScan w/IndirecTrack|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Odin's Own Model 34z|
The Starslayer was intended to replace the Crab as the Star League's standard medium 'Mech after Cosara Weaponries were unable to meet the SLDF's required production volumes. Though Blue Shot's design won selection in 2765, the Starslayer would also be plagued with technical delays with its tracking system that would delay full production until 2772 and the Amaris Civil War. Despite the SLDF's desperate need for material, tensions between General Kerensky and Archon Robert Steiner II would result in Blue Shot delaying SLDF shipments until 2781 due to lack of "up-to-date" shipping information and as a result the Starslayer would be far more common in the LCAF service than the SLDF. By now a thoroughly Lyran Commonwealth design, production of the original 2C Starslayer would cease during the technological decline of the early Succession Wars, with Blue Shot Weaponry resuming with the superior and updated STY-3C model in wake of the Clan Invasion.
The Starslayer is built on a lightweight Thor-4 Endo Steel chassis and reaches a top speed of 86.4 km/h with its Magna 250 fusion engine. The Starslayer also has five Odin's Own Model 34z jump jets which give it the ability to jump up to one hundred and fifty meters. Finally, the design carries nine and a half tons of Norse-34 Ferro-Fibrous with CASE. The CASE protects the BattleMech from complete destruction in the event of an ammunition explosion.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary weapons on the Starslayer are a pair of BlazeFire Systems Large Lasers that provide the 'Mech with a striking distance of up to four hundred and fifty meters. For close range combat, the Starslayer has two Defiance B3M Medium Lasers and a Defiance B4M Small Laser. Finally, to allow the Starslayer to find and exploit weak points in an enemy's armor, it also carries a TharHes 4 Pack SRM-4 launcher.
- The 3D variant of the Starslayer is intended to allow the 'Mech to better engage an enemy at long ranges. This is accomplished by removing one of the Large Lasers, the SRM-4 launcher, and the Small Laser. These are replaced with an additional Medium Laser and an ER PPC that can hit a target accurately at six hundred and ninety meters. BV (1.0) = 1,408, BV (2.0) = 1,593
- A Heavy PPC forms the main gun for this variant. A Guardian ECM Suite disrupts any C3 Networks in the area. Turning the heat of the PPC into an asset, the Starslayer uses Triple Strength Myomer to inflict heavy damage at close range. Light Ferro-Fibrous armor protects this 'Mech. BV (2.0) = 1,781
- Faith McCarron, commanding officer of Fourth McCarron's Armored Cavalry piloted a Starslayer until it was destroyed during her last battle during the Jihad.
- The STY-3C Starslayer was introduced in the McCarron's Armored Cavalry scenario pack, where the eponymous mercenary unit fields at least one STY-3C Starslayer (implied to be a piece of lostech they found) in 3044. Similarly, the STY-3C appears on the Random Allocation Tables in Historical: Operation Klondike, indicating it must have been available prior to the Exodus. However, the introduction date of the STY-3C was 3056 according to Technical Readout: 3058 and according to the official Errata on the BattleTech forum, the STY-2C variant should take its place on the RATs in Historical: Operation Klondike. Consequentially, it can be assumed that the STY-3C from McCarron's Armored Cavalry should be a -2C model instead, too, although no official errata exists for that scenario pack.
- In Combat Operations, the Battle Value for the STY-3C is given as BV (1.0) = 1,286. 
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 112-113, "Starslayer Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 210-211, "Starslayer Profile"
- MUL online date for the Starslayer
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 230
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 234
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 229
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 235
- Combat Operations, p. 139
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 231
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 236
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 85
- McCarron's Armored Cavalry (scenario pack), p. 20
- Combat Operations
- Master Unit List
- McCarron's Armored Cavalry (scenario pack)
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3085