|Manufacturer||Blue Shot Weapons|
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Thor-4 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Norse-34 Ferro-Fibrous with CASE|
|Communications System||Tek BattleCom|
|Targeting Tracking System||FireScan with IndirecTrack|
|Heat Sinks||11 double|
|Jump Jets||Odin's Own Model 34z|
The Starslayer was intended to replace the Crab as the Star League's standard medium 'Mech after Cosara Weaponries were unable to meet the SLDF's required production volumes. Though Blue Shot's design won selection in 2765, the Starslayer would also be plagued with technical delays with its tracking system that would delay full production until 2772 and the Amaris Civil War. Despite the SLDF's desperate need for matériel, tensions between General Kerensky and Archon Robert Steiner II would result in Blue Shot delaying SLDF shipments until 2781 due to lack of "up-to-date" shipping information and as a result the Starslayer would be far more common in the LCAF service than the SLDF. By now a thoroughly Lyran Commonwealth design, production of the original 2C Starslayer would cease during the technological decline of the early Succession Wars, with Blue Shot Weaponry resuming with the superior and updated STY-3C model in wake of the Clan Invasion.
The Starslayer is built on a lightweight Thor-4 Endo Steel chassis and reaches a top speed of 86.4 km/h with its Magna 250 fusion engine. The Starslayer also has five Odin's Own Model 34z jump jets which give it the ability to jump up to one hundred and fifty meters. Finally, the design carries nine and a half tons of Norse-34 ferro-fibrous with CASE. The CASE protects the BattleMech from complete destruction in the event of an ammunition explosion.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary weapons on the Starslayer are a pair of BlazeFire Systems Large Lasers that provide the 'Mech with a striking distance of up to four hundred and fifty meters. For close range combat, the Starslayer has two Defiance B3M medium lasers and a Defiance B4M small laser. Finally, to allow the Starslayer to find and exploit weak points in an enemy's armor, it also carries a TharHes 4 Pack SRM-4 launcher.
The FireScan T&T system of the 3C and 3D is imported from Richvale. Normally used on LRM and SRM Carriers, the system seemed incompatible with laser weaponry until computer add-ons fixed the issue.
- The original Starslayer, introduced in 2772, used a standard chassis and only mounted seven tons of ferro-fibrous armor, carrying an array of lasers developed in-house by Blueshot including Blueshot large lasers, Razzing Devil medium lasers and a Blueshot Standard small laser. Only the Moonshot missile rack had to be licensed for manufacture. BV (1.0) = 1,180; BV (2.0) = 1,365. Since the STY-3C was only introduced in 3056, earlier references to the STY-3C should be read to mean STY-2C instead; see Notes.
- All the lasers have been replaced–the medium and small lasers with prototype extended-range models and the large lasers with Improved models. The SRM launcher was replaced with a prototype Streak SRM-4. This was part of the Clan Nova Cat touman. (Note: EC is an abbreviation used by historians to designate "Early Clan" designs.) BV (2.0) = 1,401
- The 3D variant of the Starslayer intends to allow the 'Mech to better engage enemies at long ranges. By removing the SRM-4, ammo and CASE, the 3D is able to upgrade the large laser in the right torso to an ER PPC, upgrade the small laser to a medium laser, and add an extra double heat sink. BV (1.0) = 1,408; BV (2.0) = 1,593
- The 3Dr mounts a Guardian ECM suite to disrupt any C3 networks in its vicinity. A heavy PPC is the main armament of this variant. Turning the heat of the PPC into an asset, the Starslayer uses triple strength myomer, allowing it to inflict heavy damage at close range. Light ferro-fibrous armor protects this 'Mech. BV (2.0) = 1,781
- Built using both Lyran and Sea Fox made Clan-grade weaponry, this Starslayer has a staggering increase in firepower over other variants. Both the right-arm and right-torso large lasers have been replaced by improved heavy large lasers. Both left torso medium lasers are now Clan-grade ERs. The SRM-4 has been replaced with an Improved One Shot SRM-4 and a Clan-grade ER Small Laser is mounted in the head, firing to the rear. TSM is used to increase this variant's speed to over 96 km/h while running hot. Heat is this variant's Achilles heel, as it mounts only 13 double heat sinks that fail to adequately sink the heat from both heavy lasers. A single Coolant Pod is mounted in the left torso that helps the 'Mech cope with its excessinve heat curve, if only briefly. BV (2.0) = 2,218
- Faith McCarron, commanding officer of Fourth McCarron's Armored Cavalry piloted a Starslayer until it was destroyed during her last battle during the Jihad.
- The STY-3C Starslayer was introduced in the McCarron's Armored Cavalry scenario pack, where the eponymous mercenary unit fields at least one STY-3C Starslayer (implied to be a piece of lostech they found) in 3044. Similarly, the STY-3C appears on the Random Allocation Tables in Historical: Operation Klondike, indicating it must have been available prior to the Exodus. However, the introduction date of the STY-3C was 3056 according to Technical Readout: 3058 and according to the official Errata on the BattleTech forum, the STY-2C variant should take its place on the RATs in Historical: Operation Klondike. Consequentially, it can be assumed that the STY-3C from McCarron's Armored Cavalry should be a -2C model instead, too, although no official errata exist for that scenario pack.
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Sternenkiller. The model code was left unchanged.
Original STY-3C Starslayer from McCarron's Armored Cavalry
Starslayer from TRO:3058
Starslayer from RG ilClan: vol. 26
STY-3C Starslayer in combat from CCG
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, pp. 128–129: "STY-3C Starslayer"
- MUL online date for the Starslayer
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 210–211: "Starslayer Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 230
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 234
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 112–113: "Starslayer Profile"
- McCarron's Armored Cavalry, p. 20: "New Equipment - STY-3C Starslayer"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 229
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 235
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 62
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 87
- Combat Operations, p. 139
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 231
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 236
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 85
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 26, p. 22
- BattleMech Manual, p. 94: Design Quirk Table - Starslayer Entry
- BattleMech Manual
- Combat Operations
- Master Unit List
- McCarron's Armored Cavalry
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Technical Readout: Golden Century