|Manufacturer||Strana Mechty 'Mech Production Facility Beta
|'Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||SL YT-A Endo|
|Armor||Forging Z5 ferro-fibrous|
|Engine||Star League Standard 360|
|Communications System||Model 74/129.3 TCS|
|Targeting Tracking System||S438 Mk. III Mod. 7 TTS|
|Heat Sinks||17 Double heat sinks|
An early Clan assault OmniMech that may have influenced all subsequent assault OmniMech design, the Kingfisher is rugged and maneuverable. These traits make the Kingfisher an ideal choice for take and hold missions.
Based off the powerful but dezgra Pulverizer, Clan Snow Raven debuted the Kingfisher in 2887 as an early second-generation OmniMech, the Kingfisher's speed and relative durability have kept it in heavy use even during the Clan Invasion era, especially by Clan Ghost Bear, alongside more recent assault OmniMechs like the Executioner.
Weapons and Equipment
The tough Kingfisher mounts fourteen and a half tons of ferro-fibrous armor on an Endo Steel chassis, the most it can take. Unlike most modern front-line OmniMechs, the Kingfisher uses a standard engine. The 'Mech also has seventeen fixed double heat sinks, forcing three to be mounted outside of the engine.
The weapons on the Kingfisher generally make them effective at all ranges. The primary configuration of the Kingfisher is best at medium-short range. An LRM-10 launcher is its only legitimate long-range threat. A pair of Large and Medium Pulse Lasers are very accurate and the Streak SRM-6 cannot fire unless it achieves a target lock, making it ideally suited to green pilots and urban environments. An arm-mounted ER Small Laser seems superfluous.
- Alternate Configuration B
- The Kingfisher B is built around an Ultra Autocannon/20 with a meager two tons of ammunition. A solitary ER Large Laser provides long-range firepower. Four ER Medium Lasers and the ubiquitous ER Small round out the offensive guns. An Anti-Missile System gives the design some protection against missiles. BV (1.0) = 2,043, BV (2.0) = 2,472
- Alternate Configuration C
- The third configuration can go without resupply indefinitely thanks to its all-energy armament. A pair of ER PPCs are mounted next to ER Medium Lasers in a fashion eerily reminiscent of the Marauder. Another pair of Mediums are in the torso, while eight extra double heat sinks can counter all the heat the weapons can build. BV (1.0) = 2,391, BV (2.0) = 2,644
- Alternate Configuration G
- A close combat specialist the G configuration is equipped with an LB 20-X in the right arm. Additional firepower comes from three Improved Heavy Medium Lasers, one in the right torso and two in the left. An ER Small Laser is carried in the center torso. The left arm carries an SRM-6 with a ton of ammunition and another ER Small Laser. Seventeen double heat sinks are present to control the heat. To compensate for the relatively short range of the weapons, an engine Supercharger allows the Kingfisher to sprint at speeds of 86 km/h. Two tons of LB-X ammunition are carried in the right torso. BV (2.0) = 2,319
- Alternate Configuration I
- This configuration carries nineteen double heat sinks to deal with the heat from two Improved Heavy Large Lasers mounted in the left arm. The right arm has a Gauss rifle and a ton of Gauss ammo. Another ton of Gauss rifle ammunition is in the right torso. BV (2.0) = 2,348
- Alternate Configuration T
- The left arm of this configuration has a Streak SRM-6 with a ton of ammunition and an ER Medium Laser. The right arm carries an Improved Heavy Large Laser and an Improved Heavy Small Laser. An ER Medium Laser is carried in each torso location. The left torso has a Streak LRM-10 with a ton of ammunition. The energy weapons are all tied into an advanced Targeting Computer. Explosive components in the arms and left torso are all protected by CASE II systems. Nineteen double heat sinks are carried as well. BV (2.0) = 2,637
- Alternate Configuration X
- This powerful variant carries an LRM 20 with Artemis IV as its main weapon with a PPC mounted in the center torso. Equipped with two ER Medium Pulse Lasers and three Improved Heavy Medium Lasers for close range. For protection used the X variant an ECM Suite system and all weapons linked to an Targeting Computer. BV (2.0) = 2,706
- Pulverizer - A sturdy and durable assault BattleMech tainted by its Clan Wolverine origins. Despite the controversy, Clan Snow Raven would use the design for many years during the Golden Century prior to the rise of the OmniMech. Even then, loath to abandon such a reliable design, the Snow Raven scientists would use the Pulverizer as the basis for the Kingfisher, its OmniMech successor.
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Eisvogel.
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 188-189, "Kingfisher
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 18, p. 35
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 132, "Punishing Priori"
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 21, RUD
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 322
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 186
- The Black Thorns, pp. 56-57
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 184
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 40 "PUL-3R Pulverizer"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 323
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 187
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 324
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 188
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 325
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 189
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 326
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 327
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 147
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 191
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 192
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 328
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 148
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 193
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 194
- BattleMech Manual, p. 92 BattleMech Quirk Table - Kingfisher Entry.
- The Black Thorns
- Era Digest: Golden Century
- Master Unit List
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 18
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: Golden Century