- This article is about the OmniMech. For other uses, see Turkina (disambiguation).
|'Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Engine||285 JF Extralight|
|Communications System||JF Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series JFIX (CB)
|Heat Sinks||15 double|
|Jump Jets||JF Standard|
The Turkina is a powerful OmniMech that was first seen in the Turkina Keshik at the Battle of Tukayyid, and entered general service with Clan Jade Falcon following the end of the Refusal War. In a design oddity, the Turkina mounts enough jump jets to vault 90 meters hardwired onto the frame, rather than using them in modular pods. While this simplified repair, it also uses tonnage that could be devoted to other systems when a mission does not call for jumping. Designers also included fifteen double heat sinks, four more than could be fit into the engine, so they are fixed in the torso.
The Turkina is named after Turkina, the first Jade Falcon to be tamed, who inspired the leaders of Clan Jade Falcon in its early days. The name of the Turkina Keshik is also derived from this bird.
Weapons and Equipment
The Turkina has 42 tons available for modular pods. The primary configuration is armed for long-range combat with twin ER PPCs, LRM-15s, and LB-X Autocannon/5s. Four extra double heat sinks keeps heat manageable, while enough ammunition is mounted to keep the Turkina in the fight for extended periods.
- Alternate Configuration B
- Continuing with the paired weapons theme, the B uses pairs of Large Pulse Lasers, ER Large Lasers, Medium Pulse Lasers, and ER Medium Lasers, all linked to an advanced Targeting Computer. Ten extra double heat sinks still struggle to keep heat levels down. The impetus for this variant seems to lie in the Battle of Tukayyid and the Com Guards' strategy of bleeding them of supplies by fighting a protracted campaign. With no weapons that need ammunition, this configuration can stay in the field as long as its MechWarrior can. BV (1.0) = 3,043, BV (2.0) = 3,420
- Alternate Configuration C
- Another variant that seems to be based on combating the Inner Sphere, the Turkina C is designed for urban combat. An LB-X Autocannon/20 and twin Large Pulse Lasers can open up holes in enemy 'Mechs, while the Streak SRM-6 and paired Medium Pulse Lasers exploit them. Paired Anti-Personnel Pods, Machine Guns, and Flamers discourage conventional forces from closing. An Active Probe finds most hidden units, ensuring the MechWarrior is rarely surprised; two extra heat sinks make a significant difference. BV (1.0) = 2,464, BV (2.0) = 2,796
- Alternate Configuration D
- This variant uses two pairs of ATM 12s. Ten tons of ammunition allow it to make use of the flexibility of Advanced Tactical Missile technology. A pair of ER Medium Lasers provide backup and two extra heat sinks keep the load manageable. BV (1.0) = 2,840 (2,864), BV (2.0) = 3,132
- Alternate Configuration M
- Each arm of this Turkina configuration carries an ER Large Laser, LB 2-X, and an LB 5-X, plus a ton of ammunition for each autocannon. These are supplemented by an LRM-5 in each side torso and a center torso mounted Medium Pulse Laser. Sixteen double heat sinks are carried as well. BV (2.0) = 2,495
- Alternate Configuration U
- Designed for space operations, this Turkina configuration mounts several experimental systems. A BattleMech HarJel System protects the torso against breaches, and two Liquid Storage tanks provide additional fuel for the jump jets. A Coolant Pod can quickly dissipate the heat built up by the ten ER Small Lasers, twin LRM-15s, and ATM-9. An Active Probe allows the Turkina U to find enemy forces, and the Talons mounted in each leg prevent the Turkina from floating away from the hull. To provide additional protection the Liquid Storage tanks, Harjel systems, and Coolant Pod have all been armored against enemy fire. BV (2.0) = 2,520
- Alternate Configuration X
- The X variant is configured for fire support with an LRM-20 slaved to an Artemis V FCS mounted in each arm. These launchers are backed up by six Medium Pulse Lasers and an ECM system. Talons are mounted on each foot for inflicting additional damage from kick attacks. BV (2.0) = 3,067
- Alternate Configuration Z
- The Z variant was developed by The Society. Four iATM 12 systems provide heavy firepower, while the Nova CEWS and Light TAG provide additional targeting data and target designation abilities. Most frightening is the Turkina Z's ten tons of ammunition space which insures it will stay in the fight for a long time.
- Plastic Turkina Prime is included in BattleTech: Clan Heavy Battle Star
Original Turkina from TRO:3058
Turkina from RG:ilClan v16
Turkina Prime from CCG
Turkina miniature from BattleTech: Clan Heavy Battle Star
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, pp. 78–79: "Turkina"
- MUL online date for the Turkina
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 192
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 341
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 199
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 9-11 - "Legend of Turkina"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 193
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 342
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 200
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 343
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 201
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 344
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 202
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 345
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 153
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 203
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 204
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 346
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 154
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 205
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 16, p. 39
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 16, p. 37
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 149
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 206
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 85
- BattleMech Manual, p. 95: "BattleMech Quirk Table"
- BattleMech Manual Errata (Version 6.01), p. 9: "BattleMech Quirk Table"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 16
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - Old is the New New
- Record Sheets: Upgrades
- A Rending of Falcons (novel)
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental