Jade Falcon (species)
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|(Falco Smaragdus Edenopis)|
|Type||Bird of Prey|
|Average mass||1.7 kg|
|Average height||70 cm|
The Jade Falcon is a predatory bird the size of Terra's largest Eagles which was designed by SLDF scientists from the genes of the Peregrine and the Gyrfalcon. Created upon settling the Pentagon Worlds, the Jade Falcons' purpose was to hunt the dangerous Eden Serpent on Eden with its razor-sharp talons and poison resistance; it was soon also exported to Dagda to hunt a similar native menace on that world, the Dagada.
Like their Terran forebears, Jade Falcons can be tamed. Elizabeth Hazen, considered one of the founders of Clan Jade Falcon, was noted as the first person to completely tame and train a Jade Falcon which she named Turkina.
- Classic BattleTech Companion, p. 139, "Creatures"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 9
- Classic BattleTech Comapanion, p. 139