- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
|X:Y Coordinates||-133.451 : 1613.747[e]|
|Spectral class||F4Ib "Lilith"|
|Recharge time||175 hours|
- 1 Eden
- 2 Eden I
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Military Deployment
- 2.4 Geography
- 2.5 Planetary Locations
- 2.6 Industrial Centers
- 2.7 Local Fauna
- 2.8 Nearby Systems
- 2.9 References
- 2.10 Bibliography
The Eden system is located near the Circe and Dagda systems. In relation to the capital of the Clan Homeworlds, Strana Mechty, Eden is located at the coordinates -167:-174. The Eden system consists of a F4Ib class primary star named Lilith, orbited by two worlds
The Eden system is one of five systems known as the Pentagon Worlds and was the fifth and final Pentagon system to be settled by the Star League-in-Exile. Between 2817 and 2821 Eden was affected by Operation SABLE SUN, the operation launched by Khan Absalom Truscott to gather intelligence on the Pentagon Worlds and the state of the naval defenses in the region, including the SLDF naval caches. Eden proved to be one of the easiest of the SABLE SUN assignments; the local population had remained unaware of the Eden SLDF Naval Cache, which was located in a series of caverns inside one of the smallest moons orbiting Eden II - the moon itself being little more than an asteroid, captured by the planet and locked in an erratic orbit. Quickly securing the cache, the Clan forces used the cache as a staging area and listening post, using the unstable pirate points nearby to jump in and out of the system. Two ships lost K-F Drives and a JumpShip and WarShip were destroyed jumps as a result of the instability and complexity of the pirate points, leading to those points subsequently being declared off-limits, but the cache contained more than enough ships to make up for the losses. Soon after the Clans secured the cache they moved against the spacefarer enclave in the Eden system, located at the nadir jump point; the bulk of the spacefarers surrendered after a few warning shots, although five JumpShips attempted to jump away. Three jumped to nearby systems and were captured by Clan forces, whilst a fourth was captured after either aborting its jump or suffering a K-F Drive failure; the fifth JumpShip managed to jump as a boarding party was approaching, and was found some years later in a system some seventeen years from Eden, all aboard the vessel having died and the JumpShip's K-F Drive having been disabled during a battle between the Clan boarding forces and the spacefarers aboard the ship.
World map of Eden
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Adam, Eve)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Viral Taint)|
|Equatorial temperature||30°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Capital||Novy Moscva (2800)|
|Population|| 1,500,000 (2800)|
Eden I - more commonly known simply as Eden - is a habitable but dry world which, in common with many other Clan worlds, has been held by - and contested by - several Clans at the same time for the majority of its history as a settled world. Eden has a two moons named Adam and Eve. During the era of the Star League-in-Exile Eden was the capital of the Star League Defense Force and home to Novy Moscva, the largest and most sophisticated city in the Pentagon worlds.
Eden became the capital of the SLDF almost by accident, as Commanding General Aleksandr Kerensky refused to establish a home for himself and his family until the other exiles had homes under construction, and the SLDF fleet was in Eden when he finally decided to begin building the capital for his new society of exiles. Prior to the Pentagon Civil War Kerenksy's capital city, Novy Moscva, became the largest and most sophisticated city to be found on any of the Pentagon worlds, flourishing in the heart of the Noruff continent. Most of the early settlements on Eden were founded within a narrow life-band - a region extending some 20 degrees around the equator within which the majority of the planetary rainfall actually fell. While some outlying settlements would be founded outside this region, largely due to the discovery of isolated pockets of vegetation and mineral deposits, many of these outlying settlements were only occupied on a seasonal basis.
Whilst many Terran species flourished on Eden from the beginning, many growing to become larger, more numerous and more aggressive than their home species due to the lack of predators, the atmosphere on Eden was tainted, and this taint - which became known as the Curse of Eden - affected many colonists, inflicting a brain fever that could be fatal. Among the early casualties of the Curse of Eden were Kerenksy's wife; his son Nicholas also contracted the brain fever, but survived.
Wars of Reaving
In November 3068 Clan Steel Viper moved against Clan Jade Falcon in the homeworlds, hitting almost every Jade Falcon garrison with a series of swift, heavy attacks. Eden saw the Steel Viper Gamma Galaxy swiftly defeat the First Falcon Dragoons and Third Falcon Velites; two Binaries of warriors from the Dragoons were taken as bondsmen by the Steel Vipers, in recognition of the honorable manner in which they fought. Having waited for the Steel Vipers to land before fighting in accordance with Clan principles, the Dragoons were viewed as the most honorable of the Jade Falcons faced during their wave of attacks across the Clan homeworlds.
In May 3071, forces from Clan Blood Spirit, Clan Coyote and Clan Steel Viper attacked the Clan Wolf forces on Eden. Leading the assault were the Steel Vipers, who deployed the Fifth Legion, Fourth Fang and 141st Phalanx, determined to hunt down the surviving elements of the Twelfth Wolf Regulars. The Steel Viper forces pursued the Regulars across Yakut until the Regulars assembled for a last stand in the ruins of an enclave that had belonged to Clan Burrock.
Whilst the Steel Viper forces surrounded the enclave, they failed to detect forces from Clan Coyote arriving - specifically, the Twenty-seventh Strike Cluster, a former Clan Diamond Shark unit that had been acquired by the Coyotes as a part of the departure of the Diamond Sharks from the homeworlds. The Coyotes had a prearranged agreement with the Wolves, allowing them to take over Wolf enclaves and resources, and the Regulars coordinated their actions with the Coyotes, both units striking at the Steel Vipers in concert. In the resulting battle more than half of the Steel Vipers were lost, including Lars Varga, the Galaxy Commander of Rho Galaxy.
As agreed in advance, Star Captain Terence of the Wolves followed by the battle by formally transferring Mount Royal and the mining facilities to the Coyotes, before requesting that the Coyotes divert any other Clans wishing to test themselves to the Regulars location. Star Colonel Rolen Clearwater was happy to oblige, conveniently losing a DropShip load of parts and supplies close to the Regulars' position shortly after the agreement. When the Sixty-sixth Blood Hussars arrived two weeks later, Clearwater provided the Blood Spirits with the location of the Regulars, allowing the Blood Spirits to hit the Regulars in force.
Commanded by Star Colonel Suzanne Church, the Blood Spirits dropped a star of ProtoMechs directly into the ruins, while another Binary circled the perimeter of the enclave. The Wolves called out challenges to the Blood Spirits circling them, and refused to be pushed out of the ruins, destroying the ProtoMech star piecemeal, before taking advantage of a heavy rainstorm to pile up the shattered remains of the ProtoMechs and their pilots on the main causeway outside the enclave. This act enraged the other Blood Spirits sufficiently to drive the Blood Spirits into a savage assault on the ruins, an assault that included repeated strafing runs using their DropShip. Despite the ferocity of the furious Blood Spirits, it took six hours to destroy the last three Wolf 'Mechs and two Elementals.
In mid-3071, Clan Star Adder took over the Hell's Horses enclaves on Eden, as part of an agreement reached between the two Clans. They retained control of the former Horse enclaves until early 3073, when the Blood Spirits managed to redeploy four ProtoMech clusters from Omicron Galaxy onto Eden. Omicron Galaxy quickly overwhelmed the Star Adder enclaves, securing supplies and food vitally needed after the heavy damage inflicted on the Blood Spirits by the Star Adders at York, and proceeded to execute those Star Adder warriors they had captured. Those former Hell's Horses personnel captured, military and civilian, were offered a choice between joining the Blood Spirits or being executed like the Star Adders. Having secured the majority of Eden, Omicron Galaxy was then redeployed to Arcadia, although the 171st Crimson Guards remained on Eden, to maintain a watchful eye on the Cloud Cobra forces on the planet.
Between 3078 and 3081 the Cloud Cobras evacuated thousands of civilians from their enclaves on Eden, which had been devastated during the Wars of Reaving, to Roche, the former Clan Goliath Scorpion homeworld, which the Cloud Cobras had acquired holdings on during the Goliath Scorpion Abjuration.
Post-Wars of Reaving
- Abbadon mining settlements (3 mixed companies) (located on Yakut)
- Irkutsk Irregulars (2 mixed battalions) (located on Irkutsk)
- Levic Ascendancy (2 BattleMech battalions, 5 mixed battalions) (located on Noruff)
- Minor Amur factions (3 mixed companies) (located on Amur)
- People's Congress (2 infantry companies) (located on Yakut)
- Purgatory Cities (4 mixed battalions) (located on Yakut)
- Sarbat Khanate (4 mixed battalions) (located on Yakut)
- Beta Galaxy Command, Clan Hell's Horses
- First Falcon Dragoons
- Third Falcon Velites
- Twelfth Wolf Regulars
- Fortieth Mechanized Cavalry
- 333rd Mechanized Strike
- 412th Mechanized Strike
Eden has five continents named Amur, Irkutsk, Noruff, Novy Sakhalin and Yakut. Of the five continents, Amur and Novy Sakhalin lie in the southern hemisphere and are the smallest continents, whilst Irkutsk is the largest single continent. Petgrograd Bay separates eastern Irkutsk from the western coast of Yakut and the northwestern coast of Amur. A large cluster of islands lies in the region between the northwest coast of Novy Sakhalin, the eastern coast of Noruff and the Purgatory Peninsula region of western Irkutsk.
- Allah: city on the Purgatory Peninsula.
- Dante: city on the Purgatory Peninsula.
- Eden Military Academy: A Star League-in-Exile military training academy established in Novy Moscva.
- Kalingrad: a major city located on western Irkutsk, to the east of the Purgatory Peninsula. Destroyed during the Clan invasion of Eden by Clan Smoke Jaguar.
- Minotaur Shatters: the deeply scarred region of the Banlan forest created by orbital bombardment from the Aegis-class WarShip Minotaur in 2801.
- Novy Moscva: planetary capital city during the Star League-in-Exile era; located on Noruff. Left abandoned as a memorial to Operation KLONDIKE at the orders of Nicholas Kerensky.
- Petrograd Bay: a large agricultural region on Yakut.
- Rubat: site of the Sarbat Khanate capital on Yakut.
- Vesta: city on the Purgatory Peninsula.
- Yang's Bazaar: a city on southern Noruff, and site of a notable battle during Operation KLONDIKE.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 138, "Eden Profile"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 233, "Eden"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 248, "Political Balance Table, 3075"
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 112, Clan-Space Worlds Table
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 46, "Eden"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 39, "Clan Political Balance Table"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 47
- Wars of Reaving, p. 122, "The Defamation of Albion"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 161, "Clan Cloud Cobra"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 249, "Political balance Table, 3075"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 151, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 155, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 228, "Political balance Table, 3067"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 71, "Clan Hell's Horses"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 73, "Clan Jade Falcon"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 75, "Clan Wolf"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 91-92, "The Peninsula Campaign: The Horse Canters"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 95, "The Battle of Novy Moscva"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 92-93, "A Legacy of Violence: The Jaguar Pounces"
- Fall From Glory, part 3, chapter 29, p. 42
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 90-91, "Petrograd Bay: The Falcon Stoops"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 94, "The Grand Campaign"