Foster nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||44.164 : 1733.181[e]|
|Recharge time||208 hours|
- 2571 - Unknown Planet
- 2750 - Unknown Planet
- 2840 - Clan 
- c. 2870 - Clan Blood Spirit
- c. 2871 - Kindraa Smythe-Jewel
- 2872 - Clan Coyote, Kindraa Payne
- 2920 - Clan 
- 2930 - Clan 
- 3025 - Clan 
- 3030 - Clan 
- 3040 - Clan 
- 3052 - Clan Coyote - 40%, Clan Fire Mandrill - 30%, Clan Ice Hellion - 30% 
- 3057 - Clan 
- 3062 - Clan Coyote - 40%, Clan Fire Mandrill - 30%, Clan Ice Hellion - 30%
- 3067 - Clan Coyote - 40%, Clan Fire Mandrill - 30%, Clan Ice Hellion - 30% 
- 3075 - Clan Goliath Scorpion - 100%
- 3085 - Clan Cloud Cobra - 100%
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Amphibians|
|Ruler||Clans: Coyote, Fire Mandrill, Ice Hellion|
Foster I was initially discovered and colonized by Clan Blood Spirit some time between 2835 and 2865. Unfortunately for the Spirits, Clan Burrock raids against the colony and its JumpShip routes to York eventually made the colony a liability. In order to reduce their vulnerability, Clan Blood Spirit gifted their Foster colonies to one of their few friends, Kindraa Smythe-Jewel of Clan Fire Mandrill. While their gift of Foster also repaid Kindraa Smythe-Jewel for OmniMech technology, the Smythe-Jewels paid Clan Blood Spirit for their Foster holdings with Elemental battle armor technology.
The Kindraa moved its entire enclave to Foster, though it would not last long in its new home. In 2872, the Kindraa Smythe-Jewel was destroyed by a joint force from Clan Hell's Horses and Clan Coyote. Kindraa Smythe-Jewel had used bidding tactics that the Coyotes considered to be dubious when obtaining the information needed to produce OmniMechs, and used similar tactics when Trialling alongside Kindraa Payne to obtain Elemental breeding rights from the Hell's Horses, while also leaving Kindraa Payne to take the brunt of the casualties. In response, the Horses arranged for a combined bid with the Coyotes for a Trial against the Smythe-Jewels in 2872. The Smythe-Jewels were crushed, with the last few falling after being trapped by Kindraa Payne troops while attempting to flee. The Hell's Horses took half of the genetic legacies and the bulk of the salvage; the Coyotes took the other half of the legacies, the enclave and the remaining salvage, while Kindraa Payne received a small share of each. The Trial also served as the debut for the Hell's Horses new Black Hawk OmniMech.
During the Hellion's Fury campaign, Foster was hit by Clan Ice Hellion. They challenged a Kindraa Kline unit for control of their enclave, and the Hellions won that Trial. The Trial of Possession took place in a vast swamp known as the Cauldron.
- According to a blog posting by author Blaine Lee Pardoe, he named the Foster system after comedian Foster Brooks back when he created the first map of Clan space (for the 1991 Wolf Clan Sourcebook).
| Closest 20 systems (6 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 233, "The Wars of Reaving Campaign"
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 5
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, "Clan Blood Spirit: Fool's Gold (2835-2865)", p. 23
- According to Field Manual: Crusader Clans, "Clan Hell's Horses: Hell's Fury", pp. 54-55, Kindraa Smythe-Jewel took battle armor technology using questionable bidding practices from Clan Hell's Horses on Eden in 2870. The Smythe-Jewels must have traded battle armor to the Blood Spirits in exchange for Foster after the Eden Trial.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, "Clan Blood Spirit: Fire From Heaven (2865-2974)", p. 24
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, "Clan Coyote: Righteous Vengeance", p. 42
- Clan Homeworlds 3052 Poster (Kickstarter)
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky p. 114
- Field Manual Update p. 39
- The Wars of Reaving, "Political Balance Table, 3067", p. 228
- The Wars of Reaving, "Political Balance Table, 3075", p. 248
- The Wars of Reaving, "Political Balance Table, 3085", p. 249
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 41, 42 - "Righteous Vengeance"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 39 - "Striking from Solitude"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 54, 55 - "Hell's Fury"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 39 - "Death of a Kindraa"
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 9, 10 - "Bad Blood"
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, p. 36, "Black Hawk"
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 35