- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Landen, Picuris and Zuni 'Mech Production Complexes|
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Assault Series SXG|
|Armor||Forging ZK11 (Standard)|
|Engine||Type 255 Extra-Light|
|Communications System||TJ6 "Bell" Integrated Communications System|
|Targeting Tracking System||TRTTS Mark II CWS|
The creation of the Savage Coyote was a direct result of both the warriors of Clan Coyote clamoring for new weapons to use and the election of Khan Sullivan Koga in 3052. Following the development of Advanced Tactical Missile technology, the Savage Coyote OmniMech was created as a showcase OmniMech. The 'Mech was also part of Khan Koga's attempts to revitalize the fading Clan that invented the OmniMech. This assault 'Mech uses an XL Engine to save enough weight to devote forty-five tons of space to modular equipment and fifteen tons of armor. The base chassis contains fourteen fixed double heat sinks.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary configuration of the Savage Coyote makes use of a pair of the largest ATM launcher, the ATM 12, and enough ammunition to make use of all the modes of fire for each of the launchers. An ER PPC provides long-range firepower, while an LB-X Autocannon/10 and three ER Medium Lasers are useful at medium range. At close range, a pair of ER Small Lasers help. MechWarriors must carefully manage heat levels, even with three additional double heat sinks.
- Alt. Config. A
- Though the first alternate configuration is focused on close-range combat, it carries an ER Large Laser and Gauss Rifle for long-range work. Three ATM 6s are effective at all ranges, while a trio of Medium Pulse Lasers aid with the devastating attack. Enough jump jets to vault up to ninety meters at a time helps MechWarriors get into close range, while an Anti-Missile System grants added defensive capability. BV (1.0) = 2,536, BV (2.0) = 2,851
- Alt. Config. B
- This variant is effective at all ranges. A pair of ER Large Lasers and a Large Pulse Laser combine with an Ultra Autocannon/5 to provide an effective long-range punch. Six Small Pulse Lasers aid at knife-fighting range and can quickly devastate conventional infantry. Two pairs of ATM 3s provide support at all ranges. BV (1.0) = 1,867, BV (2.0) = 2,284
- Alt. Config. C
- This configuration focuses on long-range combat with an ER PPC, a pair of ER Large Lasers, and two ATM 9s that carry enough ammunition to be effective at all ranges. Three ER Medium Lasers provide medium to close range support, while a Targeting Computer aids the accuracy of all the energy weapons. Three jump jets give the 'Mech some extra maneuverability. BV (1.0) = 2,771, BV (2.0) = 3,189
- Alt. Config. Z
- Developed by The Society this Savage Coyote mounts a Nova CEWS system, an iATM 12 in the side torsos, a HAG 30 in the left arm, while the right arm carries a pair of ER Medium Lasers and a single ER Large Pulse Laser. These experimental systems provide the Savage Coyote Z pilot with a chance to destroy better trained Clan pilots.
- Notes suggest that the 'Mech was in development since 3052, but was not fielded during that timeframe.
- In German products the unit's proper Clan name was translated to Raubcoyote, which literally means Preying Coyote.
Original Savage Coyote from TRO:3067
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 191, "Since it was introduced more than a year ago..." as of 1 January 3061
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 130-131
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 224
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 191-192
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 130
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 225
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 226
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 227
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 228
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 229
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 84