|Manufacturer||Landen 'Mech Production Complex
Picuris 'Mech Production Complex
|'Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Assault Series SXG|
|Armor||Forging ZK11 Standard|
|Engine||Type 255 Extralight|
|Communications System||TJ6 "Bell" Integrated Communications System|
|Targeting Tracking System||TRTTS Mark II CWS|
|Heat Sinks||14 double|
The creation of the Savage Coyote was a direct result of both the warriors of Clan Coyote clamoring for new weapons to use and the election of Khan Sullivan Koga in 3052. Following the development of Advanced Tactical Missile technology, the Savage Coyote OmniMech was created as a showcase OmniMech. The 'Mech was also part of Khan Koga's attempts to revitalize the fading Clan that invented the OmniMech. This assault 'Mech uses an extralight fusion engine to save enough weight to devote forty-five tons of space to modular equipment and fifteen tons of armor. The base chassis contains fourteen fixed double heat sinks.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary configuration of the Savage Coyote makes use of a pair of the largest ATM launcher, the ATM 12, and enough ammunition to make use of all the modes of fire for each of the launchers. An ER PPC provides long-range firepower, while an LB-X Autocannon/10 and three ER medium lasers are useful at medium range. At close range, a pair of ER Small Lasers help. MechWarriors must carefully manage heat levels, even with three additional double heat sinks.
- Alternate Configuration A
- Though the first alternate configuration was focused on close-range combat, it carried an ER large laser and a Gauss rifle for long-range work. Three ATM 6s are effective at all ranges, while a trio of Medium Pulse Lasers aid with the devastating attack. Enough jump jets for up to ninety meters at a time helped MechWarriors get into close range, while an anti-missile system granted added defensive capability. BV (1.0) = 2,536, BV (2.0) = 2,851 or 2,852
- Alternate Configuration B
- This variant is effective at all ranges. A pair of ER Large Lasers and a Large Pulse Laser combine with an Ultra Autocannon/5 to provide an effective long-range punch. Six Small Pulse Lasers aid at knife-fighting range and can quickly devastate conventional infantry. Two pairs of ATM 3s provide support at all ranges. Six additional double heat sinks are also carried. BV (1.0) = 1,867, BV (2.0) = 2,284
- Alternate Configuration C
- This configuration focuses on long-range combat with an ER PPC, a pair of ER Large Lasers, and two ATM 9s that carry enough ammunition to be effective at all ranges. Three ER medium lasers provide medium to close range support, while a Targeting Computer aids the accuracy of all the energy weapons. Three jump jets give the 'Mech some extra maneuverability and six double heat sinks some tactical flexibility. BV (1.0) = 2,771, BV (2.0) = 3,189
- Alternate Configuration J
- This version uses five Improved Jump Jets to provide a 150 meter jump radius. It carries nineteen double heat sinks to dissipate the heat from four Small Pulse Lasers, two ER Large Lasers, a Large Pulse Laser, and an LB 10-X Autocannon. BV (2.0) = 2,554
- Alternate Configuration W
- Like the J configuration, this version uses five Improved Jump Jets. It also has twenty double heat sinks. It's equipped with four Large Pulse Lasers, two Small Pulse Lasers, two Flamers, and an ER medium laser. It also has a Light TAG and Light Active Probe. BV (2.0) = 2,792
- Alternate Configuration Z
- Developed by The Society this Savage Coyote mounts a Nova CEWS system, an iATM 12 in the side torsos, a HAG 30 in the left arm, while the right arm carries a pair of ER medium lasers and a single ER Large Pulse Laser. These experimental systems provide the Savage Coyote Z pilot with a chance to destroy better trained Clan pilots.
The Savage Coyote has the following Design Quirks:
- Notes suggest that the 'Mech was in development since 3052, but was not fielded during that timeframe.
- In German products, the unit's proper Clan name was translated to Raubcoyote, which literally means Preying Coyote.
Original Savage Coyote from Field Manual: Warden Clans
Savage Coyote from TRO:3067
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Technical Readout: Jihad, pp. 34–35: "Savage Coyote"
- ↑ Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 191, "Since it was introduced more than a year ago..." as of 1 January 3061
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 130-131
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 224
- ↑ Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 191-192
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3067, p. 130
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 225
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 226
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 227
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 228
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 229
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 84
- ↑ BattleMech Manual, p. 94 BattleMech Quirk Table - Savage Coyote Entry.