Technical Readout: 3067
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|Technical Readout: 3067|
|Primary writing|| Herbert Beas |
|Cover artwork||Franz Vohwinkel|
|Illustrations|| Doug Chaffee |
|Product code|| 10970 (Original Edition) |
35127 (CGL Reprint)
|Era||Civil War era|
The Technical Readout: 3067 (TRO:3067) is set at the end of FedCom Civil War era. The title, purporting to be a ComStar study, presents the latest vehicle, 'Mech, Aerospace Fighter, DropShip and WarShip designs from Inner Sphere and Clan provenience.
It was the first original Technical Readout that FanPro put out for the Classic BattleTech line. TRO:3067 was reprinted in 2012 under the Catalyst Game Labs emblem, with new cover art. As well as TRO:3060 and unlike older FASA-era Technical Readouts, TRO:3067 did not receive the Catalyst Upgrade treatment, however. Other than the new cover art only known errata were corrected. Accompanying the re-release was a new, PDF-only PDF Record Sheet book.
From the back cover
|“|| In the savage FedCom Civil War that rocked the Lyran Alliance and the Federated Commonwealth for the past five years, new machines of war have been rapidly tested and put in the field to help turn the tide of battle in each faction's favor. The Clans and other Houses have also been busy, as the internal and external conflicts drive the rapid deployment of new military hardware.
Classic BattleTech Technical Readout: 3067 provides descriptions, game statistics and illustrations for new BattleMech and vehicle designs. It finally unveils the next generation of Inner Sphere aerospace fighters and OmniFighters, as well as the Clan's second-line fighters. A handful of new DropShips are also premiered. This technical readout includes those designs previously published in the Field Manual series.
Table of Contents
- Inner Sphere Vehicles
- Minion Advanced tactical Vehicle
- Main Gauche Light Support Tank
- Stygian Strike Tank
- Glaive Medium Tank
- Musketeer Hover Tank
- Morningstar City Command Vehicle
- Manteuffel Attack Tank
- Fortune Wheeled Assault Vehicle
- Glory Heavy Fire Support Vehicle
- Ajax Assault Tank
- Clan Vehicles
- Hephaestus Scout Tank
- Tyr Infantry Support Tank
- Enyo Strike Tank
- Shoden Assault Vehicle
- Morrigu Fire Support Vehicle
- Heimdall Ground Monitor Tank
- Inner Sphere BattleMechs
- Red Shift
- Sha Yu
- Blue Flame
- White Flame
- Lao Hu
- Clan BattleMechs
- Crimson Langur
- Rabid Coyote
- Blood Kite
- Savage Coyote
- Mad Cat Mk II
- Inner Sphere Aerospace Fighters
- Inner Sphere WarShips
- Feng Huang
Remarks on content
- The title comprises descriptions of 99 units in total, all from FedCom Civil War era, some presented units or variants of already introduced units were previously unpublished, some derived from various publications of Field Manual series. It contains:
- 16 Combat Vehicle designs,
- 45 BattleMech designs,
- 30 Inner Sphere designs and
- 15 Clan designs,
- 16 Aerospace Fighter designs,
- 10 Inner Sphere designs and
- 6 Clan designs,
- 9 DropShip designs,
- 6 Inner Sphere designs and
- 3 Clan designs
- 13 WarShip designs,
- 10 Inner Sphere designs and
- 3 Clan designs.
- The title comes with various in-character introductions, these are
- Demi-Precentor XIV-Sigma Merle Jimmus, ComStar (1 December, 3067) on Inner Sphere designs,
- Precentor VI-Omega Jared Pascal, ComStar (30 September, 3067) on Clan designs,
- Precentor XV-Lambda/Omega Igarashi Miya, ComStar (19 October, 3067) on Inner Sphere vehicle designs,
- Precentor VIII-Omega Jared Pascal, ComStar (17 September, 3067) on Clan vehicle designs,
- Demi-Precentor II-Omega Francess Pryce, ComStar (17 October 3067) on Inner Sphere 'Mech designs,
- Precentor VIII-Omega Jared Pascal, ComStar (21 September 3067) on Clan 'Mech designs,
- Demi-Precentor Josef Harkin, ComStar (19 October, 3067) on Inner Sphere Aerospace Fighter designs,
- Precentor VIII-Omega Jared Pascal, ComStar (18 September, 3067) on Clan Aerospace Fighter designs,
- Demi-Precentor VI-Omega Jacob Mellons, ComStar (1 October, 3067) on Inner Sphere DropsShip designs,
- Precentor VIII-Omega Jared Pascal, ComStar (18 September, 3067) on Clan DropShip designs,
- Precentor XX-Omega Christoffer Hereford, ComStar (20 November, 3067) on Inner Sphere WarShip designs and
- Precentor XX-Omega Christoffer Hereford, ComStar (22 November, 3067) on Clan WarShip designs.
- On page 4 the title states in a Game Note, that WarShip designs presented, were constructed under (at time of publication in 2002) obsolete constructions rules of BattleSpace (from 1993), with the exception of designs Avalon and Mjolnir, for which the (at time of publication) current construction rules of AeroTech 2 (2000) were used. Both rule-sets became obsolete with publication of Total Warfare (2006) and TechManual (2007).
|Contribution||Reinhold H. Mai (Translation), Heinz Nachtigall (Translation & Editor), Christoph Nick (Translation & Editor & Copy-Editing), Eberhardt von Massenbach (Editor & Copy-Editing & Technical Advisor), Ralf Berszuck (Cover Design), Sarah Nick (Setting & Layout), DTP Studio Meyer, Düsseldorf (Exposition), Druckerei Krull, Neuss (Printing)|
|MSRP||25,- EUR, 43,80 SFr|
Published by FanPro Hardware Handbuch 3067 is the German edition of Technical Readout 3067 (TRO:3067). Unlike most early German TRO editions, this one matches the original edition in almost The German version is printed as DIN A4, a standard European paper size, which is a little larger then north american Letter.
Spelling and Names
As with other German products spelling and names (especially places and units) as well as most abbreviations were regularly adjusted. For instance the Mech unit Archer was renamed to Schütze, the Planet Gotterdammerung was respelled to Götterdämmerung, the DCMS (Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery) became VSDK (Vereinigte Streitkräfte des Draconis Kombinats) and so on.
Original 2002 edition (FanPro) cover. Art by Franz Vohwinkel.
- Such a small deviation is the Index which is in contranst to original edition listed in Table of Contents and called Index/ Stichwortverzeichnis.