- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
- This article is about the Free Worlds League BattleMech. For the advanced successor to the Beagle Active Probe, see Bloodhound Active Probe.
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Earthwerks PXH IV Endo Steel|
|Armor||Durallex Light w/CASE|
|Engine||Hermes 315 XL|
|Communications System||Neil 7000|
|Targeting Tracking System||OctagonTartrac System E w/Beagle Active Probe|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double heat sinks|
|BV (2.0)||1,248 |
Built to operate in a counter guerrilla role, the Bloodhound is designed to engage enemy units that are interested in hitting quickly and fading away. The Bloodhound is built on an Earthwerks PXH IV Endo Steel chassis that carries a lightweight Hermes 315 XL engine capable of pushing the Bloodhound up to speeds of 118.8 km/h. The Bloodhound is well armored for its mission with nine and a half tons of Durallex Light armor with CASE to protect the 'Mech against complete destruction in the event of an ammunition explosion. The Bloodhound also carries a Beagle Active Probe which is capable of finding hidden enemy units. To dissipate the heat from the Bloodhounds' weapons the 'Mech has fourteen double heat sinks. For its intended mission and in an infantry support role the Bloodhound is a superb 'Mech. When facing other 'Mechs the Bloodhound is woefully under-armed.
Weapons and Equipment
Intended for combating guerrilla units, the Bloodhound is armed with three Diverse Optics Type ER Medium Lasers and a Guided Technologies 2nd Gen Streak SRM-6 launcher as its primary weapons. The Bloodhound carries a Diverse Optics Type ER Small Laser as its secondary weapon.
- The Bloodhound-B3 developed in 3081 is apparently intended to counter large numbers of infantry and battle armor. All the standard weapons of the Bloodhound have been removed. In each arm are a pair of ER Flamers and a Medium Pulse Laser. The right arm is also equipped with a Fluid Gun that has two tons of ammo in the right torso. The Beagle Active Probe has been moved to the left torso, while a single B-Pod is mounted in the center torso. To make room for this equipment, the Bloodhound-B3 has eleven double heat sinks and a little less armor protection. BV (2.0) = 1,006
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 62-63, "B1-HND Bloodhound"
- MUL online entry for the Bloodhound
- Combat Operations, p. 130, "Force Faction Tables"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 94
- MUL online entry for the Bloodhound B2-HND variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 95
- MUL online entry for the Bloodhound B3-HND variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 96
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Design Quirk Table - Bloodhound.