- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Stygian Strike Tank|
|Engine||Magna 185 Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||Maxell 600b|
|Targeting Tracking System||Maxell TA70|
The Stygian Strike Tank was developed by Brooks Incorporated following a general call to all manufacturers from Captain-General Thomas Marik to develop combat vehicles that use new technology. Already a successful vehicle manufacturer, Brooks responded with what they termed the "Harasser II." After testing by the Second Free Worlds Legionnaires and a personal recommendation from then-Force Commander Corrine Marik, Brooks renamed the design the Stygian in honor of the Second's nickname.
The Stygian itself is a speedy hovertank, topping out at 151 km/h. It uses this as its primary defense, as it only carries five and a half tons of armor.
Weapons and Equipment
The Stygian devotes exactly a quarter of its tonnage to the Magna Longbow LRM-15 launcher and its attendant ammunition. Rather than provide static covering fire, as most support units do, the Stygian is able to keep up with the elements it supports and can swiftly move up and down almost any battlefield to provide support. Mounting the launcher in a turret gives the main gun the largest possible field of fire, even making it able to fire straight back to cover its own retreat, if necessary. Three separate ammo bins give it flexibility to carry different types of ammunition. In the unlikely event that another unit gets in under its gun, two Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers provide backup.
- This 3065 introduced variant, recommended by the Stygians, called for a smaller engine that lower the tank's top speed to 129 km/h. The mass saved allowed for the addition of two and a half tons of armor and another ammo bin. This variant has been nicknamed the "Stygian Mudskipper". BV (1.0) = 736, BV (2.0) = 1,001
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 12-13, "Stygian Strike Tank"
- MUL online entry for the Stygian
- Combat Operations, p. 129
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 15
- MUL online entry for the Stygian (Armor) variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 14
- MUL online entry for the Stygian (WoB) variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 16