|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Hellespont Type T Endo Steel|
|Armor||Hellespont Lite Stealth|
|Engine||VOX 280 XL|
|Communications System||Ceres Metals Model 666 with Guardian ECM suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Apple Churchill 2000 with 442x Target Acquisition Gear|
|Heat Sinks||13 double|
Weapons and Equipment
The Sha Yu is built on a lightweight Hellespont Type T endo steel chassis and is powered by a VOX 280 XL extralight engine that gives it an impressive top speed of 118.8 km/h. Protection is provided by six and a half tons of Hellespont Lite stealth armor, making the 'Mech extremely difficult to hit. The Sha Yu also carries a Guardian ECM suite as part of its stealth armor in order to protect itself from enemy electronic warfare systems.
The Sha Yu is armed with a basic, yet effective, energy weapons based payload. The 'Mech has two Martell ER large lasers for long range combat, backed up by a pair of Diverse Optics ER medium lasers for close combat. Finally, for added lethality, the Sha Yu carries a TAG target designator allowing it to call in accurate Arrow IV artillery missile attacks on a target.
- Modified for close range brawling and developed in 3065, the 4B variant of the Sha Yu completely reconfigures the 'Mech to optimize it for use as a brawler in a C3 lance. The ER large lasers have been dropped in favor of a single LRM-5 launcher for long-range sparring, supported by three ER medium pulse lasers for close combat; the two ER medium lasers are retained. Two tons of armor is added. A C3 slave unit replaces the TAG, allowing it to be used in C3 lances. BV (1.0) = 962; BV (2.0) = 1,348
- SYU-2B Bulldog
- Used by the Youling Zhanshi MechWarrior Russel Murphy in 3068, this Sha Yu replaces the ER large lasers with standard large lasers. The resulting drop in heat from this weapon trade has also allowed Murphy to remove a double heat sink. The TAG system is also removed, with the resulting free weight used to mount additional stealth armor. BV (2.0) = 1,419
- Raven - The Sha Yu's design was based on the popular Raven BattleMech.
- Technical Readout: Jihad, pp. 76–77: "SYU-2B Sha Yu"
- MUL online entry for the Sha Yu
- Combat Operations, p. 123: "Force Faction Tables"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 91
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 60–61: "SYU-2B Sha Yu"
- MUL online entry for the Sha Yu SYU-4B variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 92
- MUL online entry for the Sha Yu SYU-6B variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 93
- MUL online entry for the Sha Yu SYU-2B (Bulldog) variant
- BattleTech Dossiers: Youling Zhanshi, p. 17
- BattleMech Manual, p. 94: BattleMech Quirk Table - Sha Yu Entry.