|Morningstar City Command Vehicle|
|Manufacturer||General Motors, Ceres Metals Industries|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Engine||VOX 280 XL|
|Communications System||Overlook J11 w/C3 Master Computer|
|Targeting Tracking System||Brightstar 17 Mk. II|
|BV (1.0)||412 (C3: 47)|
The Morningstar City Command Vehicle is designed to coordinate battles that take place within urban centers. Though it was ostensibly created to coordinate defensive operations in said areas, it has proven equally adept at going on the offensive. The Morningstar was engineered by a joint team from General Motors and Ceres Metals Industries and is produced their Kathil and Tikonov plants, respectively. Following the loss of Tikonov to the Capellan Confederation and the subsequent scattering of George Hasek's naval blockade, Morningstars began making their way into the CCAF. They are so well-liked that they planned to expand production to Warlock, despite the fact that the Morningstar is designed specifically to make use of the special autocannon munitions produced by the Federated Suns.
The Morningstar uses an XL Engine to attain speeds up to 86 km/h. While not terribly fast, it is enough to maneuver in the restricted terrain it is designed for. Nine tons of armor protect it well-enough as it is not intended to be on the front lines. The Morningstar is built around its C3 Computer that can coordinate the fire of three other like-equipped units, especially the Minion that it is designed to work with. Four tons of cargo space enable the Morningstar to ferry infantry into the battle, giving it the capability of inflicting a nasty surprise on an unwary flanker.
Weapons and Equipment
The Morningstar has a turret that contains a Mydron Excel Autocannon/10. This low-tech gun is included so that it can make use of special munitions, though it now seems decidedly antiquated. Two tons of ammunition are sufficient, though using heavier munitions can change this equation. A Targeting Computer makes the autocannon even more accurate. Three Slingshot Machine Guns serve to deter infantry from assaulting from the front or sides.
- Company Command
- This variant that was only on the drawing board in 3068 downgrades the autocannon to an Autocannon/5 to make room for an additional C3 Computer, enabling this Morningstar to effectively coordinate the fire of an entire company. It also reduces the size of turret and a ton of ammunition, giving it the same battlefield longevity, but adds a Guardian ECM Suite. BV (1.0) = 350 (C3: 35), BV (2.0) = 680
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 18-19, "Morningstar CCV"
- MUL online date for the Morningstar
- Combat Operations, p. 126
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 22
- MUL online entry for the Morningstar (Company Command) variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 23
- MUL online entry for the Morningstar (Laser) variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 25
- MUL online entry for the Morningstar (HPG) variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 24