- This article is about the planetary system. For the WarShip, see Warlock (Individual Lola III-class WarShip).
|X:Y Coordinates||120.192 : -257.747[e]|
|Recharge time||180 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Zenith, Nadir|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 Warlock III
- 5 Map Gallery
- 6 Nearby Systems
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
The Warlock system was settled during or shortly after the First Exodus from Terra and was a member of the St. Ives Mercantile League when the Capellan Confederation formed in the mid-twenty-fourth century.
- 2366 - St. Ives Mercantile League
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation
- 2764 - Capellan Confederation
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation
- 3030 - St Ives Compact
- 3040 - St. Ives Compact
- 3050 - St. Ives Compact
- 3052 - St. Ives Compact
- 3057 - St. Ives Compact
- 3058 - St Ives Compact
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation
- 3081 - Capellan Confederation
- 3085 - Capellan Confederation
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation
- 3151 - Capellan Confederation
|Atmospheric pressure||Thin (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||5°C (Arctic)|
|Highest native life||Plant|
|Founding||3025 - 3079|
|Ruler||Lady Seng Ibo (3025)|
Morgan Kell (3058)
Shonso Carter Ibo (3067)
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Edol Aravis) (3025)|
Warlock III - more commonly referred to simply as Warlock - is the third planet in the system and has a single moon named Blackguard. Warlock has been home to at least one facility operated by Ceres Metals Industries while Blackguard was the site of a substantial naval repair base.
During the Succession Wars, Warlock was known for being the winter retreat of the Liao family as well as a major naval base within the St. Ives Commonality. Ringing the equator of Warlock were numerous facilities dedicated to the design and evaluation of weapons, and the Maskirovka frequently used Warlock as their launching point for infiltration campaigns into the Federated Suns. The Capellan Confederation Armed Forces also used Warlock as the base for launching raids into Federated Suns space, prompting the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns to frequently launch retaliatory raids against the planet.
Post–Fourth Succession War
Warlock, then part of the St. Ives Compact, was attacked in 3032 by Capellan-backed mercenaries in a minor raid. The fighting involved the planetary militia's conventional fighter assets based on the Lucius Zhao-class escort carrier, the WCN Tarnished Blade.
The world's economy grew rapidly after the Fourth Succession War. It became home to a new production facility and a tourist destination. After rejoining the Capellan Confederation, the world became popular as a vacation world with Capellan nobility, but only after the Chancellor had visited there in 3066. At the same time, the CCAF looked to expand the production facilities on the world and improve the arctic weather training facility on the world. Warlock's moon, Blackguard, was home to a naval refit facility that could repair six 50,000 ton (or more) DropShips at once. This facility was shut down during the time of the St. Ives Compact, but the CCAF was looking to rebuild the facility in 3068.
In April 3065, the General Motors company landed an Intruder DropShip into a live-fire exercise of a Ceres Metals Blackjack OmniMech. Once there, a new Phoenix Hawk BattleMech was unloaded and destroyed the Blackjack. It was later surmised that the entire incident was a way for General Motors to get the attention of Ceres Metals' executives to discuss the production of the new Phoenix Hawk variant on St. Ives via Vicore Industries. Shortly thereafter, Ceres Metals had a Phoenix Hawk manufacturing plant turning out machines for the Capellan Confederation.
Warlock became a contested world during Operation SOVEREIGN JUSTICE, the invasion of the Confederation by Capellan March forces under the orders of Duke George Hasek in 3068, but Capellan WarShips secured the system on the 18th of February 3069 as a part of Operation THUNDERSTRIKE, the CCAF counteroffensive. It would take until the 20th of July for the last of the AFFS forces on Warlock to be broken, however.
The Ceres Metals factory on Warlock was the target of a terrorist bombing in 3080; the terrorists used a nuclear device which both levelled the factory complex completely and killed thousands of civilians. The bombing was blamed on Free Capella by the government, and while the remains of Free Capella denied the allegations, what public support they had left evaporated following the attack. Three days after the bombing two dozen people accused of being the terrorists responsible were publicly executed as an example of Capellan justice at work.
- First Janissaries
- Ceres Metals Proving Grounds: a site in the southern part of the continent
- Jefferson Isle: a quiet equatorial island
- Solitude: the planetary capital city
- Yumen: a garrison post
|Closest 68 systems (68 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Ikast||32.4||Safe Port||32.5||Oligar||33.1||St. Loris||34.1|
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 152: "A Brief Atlas" – Warlock entry
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 83: "Warlock Planet Profile"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 24: "Warlock"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 103: "Inner Sphere - 3151"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11
- First Succession War, pp. 24–25
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123
- First Succession War, pp. 112–113
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. vii: "Capellan Confederation Map - "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 126
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11
- Grave Covenant, chs. 6 & 11
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 64
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 84
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 180: "Defender Medium Strike Fighter"
- Art of the Deal
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, p. 24: "PXH-4L Phoenix Hawk"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46: "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47: "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 101: "St. Ives Commonality"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105: "Unit Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 126: "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 120: "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 34: "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 45: "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Table - 3145"
- Revealed: Morgan and Candace Love Nest on Warlock!
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 24: "Ceres Metals Industries"
- Operation: Stiletto, p. 69
- Art of the Deal (short story)
- BattleCorps ScandalVids, 06/12/3067: "Revealed: Morgan and Candace Love Nest on Warlock!"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: CCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Shattered Fortress