|Manufacturer||Ashton 'Mech Production Complex|
|'Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Medium Series MVV endo steel|
|Armor||Compound CL20 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||275-rated fusion engine|
|Communications System||TJ7 "Siren" ICS with ECM suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||TRTTS Mark II-beta CWS|
|Heat Sinks||12 double|
The Rabid Coyote was designed by scientists from Clan Coyote to be a complement to other, slower BattleMechs. First deployed in 3066, the 'Mech was deployed in an effort to stave off the slow decline of the previous decades that had befallen the Clan that created the OmniMech. With an eye towards cost, the Rabid Coyote employs many standard technologies, save for the endo steel structure and ferro-fibrous armor. Curiously, as the 'Mech is intended to be a bodyguard for larger 'Mechs like the Savage Coyote, front-line warriors spurn the design because they do not wish to be seen merely as "support".
Weapons and Equipment
As it was built with cost savings in mind, the Rabid Coyote uses a 275-rated fusion engine, carried in a Medium Series MVV endo steel skeleton sheathed in eight and a half tons of Compound CL20 ferro-fibrous armor. An ECM suite helps provide protection against enemy electronics for both the 'Mech and its charges.
The close support design uses the largest of Clan Coyote's Advanced Tactical Missile Launchers, the Remer Series Alpha Deuce ATM-12. It has space for four tons of ammunition, allowing for up to three minutes of sustained firing. In addition to the devastation these missiles can cause, the Rabid Coyote also mounts two Kolibri Series medium pulse lasers in each arm. 
- Rabid Coyote 2
- Introduced in 3071, this version of the 'Mech is fitted with an XL engine, freeing a great deal of weight. The standard weapons have been removed and instead the Rabid Coyote 2 has a pair of ER medium lasers sited in each arm, supported by a trio of ATM-3 launchers in each side torso drawing from a combined six tons of reloads. An ECM suite and active probe both disrupt enemy networks and find enemy units. Finally engineers were able to add another double heat sink. The ferro-fibrous armor of the original has been replaced with standard armor, but overall protection is actually increased due to other weight savings. BV (2.0) = 2,083
- In German products, the unit's proper Clan name was translated to Tollcoyote.
Original Rabid Coyote from TRO:3067
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 118-119, "Rabid Coyote 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 209
- BattleMech Manual, p. 94 BattleMech Quirk Table - Rabid Coyote Entry.