|Manufacturer||York Vehicle Y2 Facility
Kindraa Mick-Kreese Primary Production Facility
|'Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Engine||350-rated XL engine|
|Communications System||York Y2-Com|
|Targeting Tracking System||York YS-T&T5|
|Heat Sinks||14 double heat sinks|
Following the losses of Clan Blood Spirit during its interference in the Absorption Refusal between Clan Burrock and Clan Star Adder, Khan Karianna Schmitt ordered the development of a new, advanced OmniMech. In order to defray the costs of designing a new 'Mech from the ground up, the Spirits worked with Kindraa Mick-Kreese of Clan Fire Mandrill. They designed this 'Mech together and, in order to cement the bond that the process had created, named it the Crimson Langur. Since its debut in 3065, the Crimson Langur has appeared with the Blood Spirits and their Fire Mandrill allies, but also with Clan Goliath Scorpion and Clan Cloud Cobra. Whether the presence of the Crimson Langur among these other Clans is an indication of improving relations or isorla taken from the battlefield is unclear.
Weapons and Equipment
The Crimson Langur is a remarkably fast 'Mech for its weight. In order to do this, it uses both an XL engine and an endo steel chassis to save weight. The design utilizes ten and a half tons of standard armor, the most the chassis can hold, though this weight only gives the Crimson Langur fifteen tons of pod space for modular equipment. To keep the warriors assigned to it in the fight longer, the Crimson Langur is equipped with a Full Head Ejection System.
The Prime configuration of the Crimson Langur is an all-energy configuration. It mounts an arm-mounted ER large laser for long-range work and a pair of heavy medium lasers for close-range fighting. An advanced targeting computer aids the MechWarrior in hitting their targets. Four additional double heat sinks, bringing it up to 14, keep the design relatively cool. Five jump jets provide it a maximum jumping capacity of up to 150 meters. Finally, a light active probe helps to detect hidden units.
- Alternate Configuration A
- This long-range support configuration uses two of Clan Blood Spirit's favored weapons. The ER large laser from the Prime configuration is retained, while the other arm mounts a pair of LRM-15s with four tons of ammunition. To make room for this the jump jets have been removed. BV (1.0) = 1,710, BV (2.0) = 2,003
- Alternate Configuration B
- This configuration uses seven jump jets to leap up to 210 meters in a single leap. Offensively, an ATM-9 gives it the ability to deal damage at all ranges, while a trio of ER medium lasers ensure a blistering hail of close-range fire. Additionally, a light active probe helps locate hidden targets. This configuration is a capable battle armor killer. BV (1.0) = 1,981, BV (2.0) = 2,210
- Alternate Configuration C
- The main weapon of this configuration is an UAC/10. To back up this capable weapon are four ER micro lasers and four micro pulse lasers. This can hold its own against hardened targets, while being a powerful force against conventional infantry. BV (1.0) = 1,268, BV (2.0) = 1,437
- Alternate Configuration D
- This configuration has the same base movement profile as the Crimson Langur Prime configuration, but the weaponry has been replaced. Instead of the Prime's loadout, two ER micro lasers, a medium pulse laser, and a Streak SRM-4 are mounted in each arm. The lasers are tied into a targeting computer, and a light TAG allows this configuration to call for artillery support. BV (2.0)=1,867
- Amanda Carrol - The last Fire Mandrill Khan, Amanda Carrol piloted a Crimson Langur until she perished against Clan Steel Viper forces during the Wars of Reaving.
- In German products, the unit's proper name was altered to Blutlangur, which literally means Blood Langur.
Original Crimson Langur from TRO:3067
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 116-117, "Crimson Langur"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 202
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, pp. 202-207
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 203
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 204
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 205
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 206
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 207
- BattleMech Manual, p. 91 BattleMech Quirk Table - Crimson Langur Entry.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 18.