|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Dennenbach-Mitchell Series 8 Endo Steel|
|Engine||VOX 225 Light Engine|
|Communications System||Dornman Echo IV with C3i computer|
|Targeting Tracking System||Wayne SuperSight|
|Heat Sinks||10 double heat sink|
|BV (1.0)||1,021 (C3:146)|
The Blue Flame began production after the Word of Blake took possession of Terra and upgraded the factory that produced the Shootist to produce four-legged BattleMechs. The Blue Flame is an extremely stable platform due to its quadrupedal configuration. In the later years of the Jihad, an engineer who had help build the Mech stole the design specs and later created the Thunder Fox.
Weapons and Equipment
The Blue Flame's primary armament is two Diverse Optics Sunbeam ER large lasers that allow the 'Mech to engage the enemy at long ranges. It also has three Hovertec Streak Streak SRM-2 launchers for close range combat.
The 'Mech is built around a Dennenbach-Mitchell Series 8 endo steel that cradles a VOX 225 light fusion engine, giving the 'Mech a top speed of 86.4 km/h. The Blue Flame carries an impressive eleven tons of StarSlab/2 armor and has 10 double heat sinks. To allow the 'Mech to share targeting data with friendly units, it is equipped with an improved C3 computer that allows it to exchange information with other C3i equipped units.
- This Blue Flame variant, introduced in 3073, carries three light PPCs in the torsos, while a medium variable speed pulse laser covers the rear; all these weapons are tied into a targeting computer. It retains the improved C3 computer system found in the original design. BV(2.0)=1,195
The Blue Flame has the following Design Quirks:
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Blauglut, which rather translates to Blue Blaze. The model code was accordingly changed to BLG-21.
Original Blue Flame from TRO:3067
A Blue Flame on Tharkad from Total Warfare
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Technical Readout: Jihad, pp. 80–81: "BLF-21 Blue Flame"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 MUL online entry for the Blue Flame
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 134, "Force Faction Tables"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 64-65, "BLF-21 Blue Flame"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 86-87, "TFT-A9 Thunderfox" - Blue Flame design became the basis for the Thunder Fox.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 MUL online entry for the Blue Flame BLF-40 variant
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 98
- ↑ Expediency, Part 2, p. 21, Duladier replaces his C3i with jump jets
- ↑ BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Design Quirk Table - Blue Flame.