- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Power Plant||240 Fusion|
|Communications System||SR Com 7|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Type 11d|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (1.0)|| 1,546|
Developed by Clan Snow Raven and first entering service in the early years of the Golden Century, the Issus appears in all Clan toumans, with a number even falling into the hands of the Dark Caste, but is common among the Ravens, Cloud Cobras and Ghost Bears. Small numbers of the Issus were also among the first "gifts" offered to the Alliance Military Corps during the Snow Raven's move into the Outworlds Alliance.
While lacking the performance of designs of the same weight such as the Batu OmniFighter, the Issus is still reasonably fast and agile, yet much cheaper to produce thanks to its use of a 240 rated Fusion Engine. The modern Issus is clad in five tons of Raven Ferro-Aluminum Comp B armor and mounts twelve Double Heat Sinks, far too few given the volume of energy weapons the design now carries.
Weapons and Equipment
Impressively armed for its weight, the Issus caries a Series 6b ER Large Laser and SEP-Class ER Medium Laser in each wing supported by the nose-mounted Pattern J7 Streak SRM-6 with one ton of reloads and a Series 1b ER Small Laser. While allowing the craft to operate with minimal logistical support, the large volume of lasers carried by the modern Issus are somewhat hampered by the fact its heat-dissipation systems haven't been upgraded to match.
A number of variants of the Issus have been created over the length of its existence, such as swapping Pulse Lasers for extended range models.
- Issus Erika
- This custom variant simply removes the two ER Medium Lasers and adds a ton of fuel and additional armor. BV (1.0) = 1,500
- MUL online date for the Issus
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 162-163, "Issus Fighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 61
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 289
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 62
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 290
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 291
- Record Sheets: Unique Fighters, p. 6