42nd Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|42nd Battle Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3066)|
|Parent Formation||Kindraa Beyl-Grant|
The Forty-second Battle Cluster was a front line cluster of Kindraa Beyl-Grant. In 3048 they provided one Star to Clan Fire Mandrill's Provisional Assault Cluster that competed in the Trials prior to Operation Revival. It was stationed on Foster in 3059. A lack of integrated fighters meant it had to rely on the Kindraa Command Binary for air support.
In 3066 Kindraa Beyl-Grant challenged for the position of saKhan within the Clan in an attempt to bring more Warden causes before the Clan Council. Kindraa Sainze, holder of the office, was infuriated and struck at the Beyl-Grant with three Clusters. The fighting was fierce and Beyl-Grant stood a good chance of being annihilated but Kindraa Payne and Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga intervened and forced the Sainze warriors to withdraw. The Forty-second were destroyed in this conflict.
|Commanding Officers of the 42nd Battle Cluster|
|Star Colonel||Marjoree Grant||3059|
The cluster had no specialist tactics.
Forty-second Battle Cluster - Veteran/Questionable 
Two OmniMech Stars were always configured in an anti-aircraft role.
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 19-20
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 150
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 50, "Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 42