- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Ironhold Gamma Complex|
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||JF 7 Light Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound JF Ferro Fibrous|
|Engine||300 JF Extralight|
|Communications System||JF 3048 Series II|
|Targeting Tracking System||Ironhold Mk II|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||JF Standard|
The Night Gyr came back with Clan Jade Falcon leaders following their return to the Clan homeworlds in 3051 to elect a new ilKhan. It has become more prevalent in the Falcon touman following the Refusal War. No expense was spared in the manufacture of this OmniMech that uses an XL Engine and Endo Steel to save weight. It also incorporates eleven and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. Though it is on the slow end for a Clan heavy 'Mech, the Night Gyr mounts four fixed jump jets that enable it to jump up to 120 meters in a single bound. The design was a testbed for some new technologies, including the Laser Heat Sink, which was eventually phased out due to a lack of increased performance.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary configuration is hard-hitting, mounting a pair of ER PPCs located in the left arm and an Ultra Autocannon/10 in the right. This blistering firepower can often take down an opponent before they are in range. Three Medium Pulse Lasers serve as accurate backups. Eight additional double heat sinks keep the 'Mech fairly cool.
- Alt. Config. A
- This first variant is a short-range powerhouse. It mounts an Ultra Autocannon/20 to breach opponent's armor and a pair of Streak SRM-6s to exploit those holes. A Large Pulse Laser and a trio of Medium Pulse Lasers are highly accurate weapons that can help to minimize collateral damage in an urban environment. Even with four additional double heat sinks, this variant can be quickly overwhelmed by heat. BV (1.0) = 2,522, BV (2.0) = 2,680
- Alt. Config. B
- The Night Gyr B seeks to destroy opponents before they can return fire. A pair of Gauss Rifles and LB-X Autocannon/2s carry out that mandate. Ammo is somewhat lacking, however, so this design cannot stray far from supply, especially as it has no backup energy weapons. BV (1.0) = 2,145, BV (2.0) = 2,140
- Alt. Config. C
- Another long-range variant, the C mounts three Ultra Autocannon/2s and two ER Large Lasers. A pair of ER Medium Lasers are present for backup. All of these weapons are linked to a Targeting Computer. Six extra heat sinks ensure the 'Mech stays mostly cool. BV (1.0) = 2,350, BV (2.0) = 2,468
- Alt. Config. D
- This missile boat carries four LRM-20 launchers, each of which is slaved to an Artemis IV FCS. Six tons of ammunition is barely enough to keep it firing for a minute. A Large Pulse Laser and Medium Pulse Laser are effective backup weapons. BV (1.0) = 2,708, BV (2.0) = 2,889
- Alt. Config. H
- The heavy laser variant only mounts one, a Heavy Large Laser. A Gauss Rifle gives it long-range firepower, while an Ultra Autocannon/10 is effective at medium and short range. A Medium Pulse Laser is an accurate backup weapon. Five heat sinks are added to ensure the design never has to worry about heat. An ECM Suite provides protection against some enemy electronics. BV (1.0) = 2,484, BV (2.0) = 2,428
These variants were introduced in various apocryphal sources, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
From MechWarrior Online:
- NGT-JK "Jade Kite"
- A customized variant of the Night Gyr. The Jade Kite uses a pair of Ultra Autocannon/2s in its left arm, supported by a pair of ammo. The left torso carries a pair of Machine Guns, each with one ton of autocannon ammo and a half-ton of machine gun ammo. The right arm carries a pair of ER PPCs. In the right torso, two Streak SRM-6s with two tons of ammo. 
- Galaxy commander Erik Chistu of Clan Jade Falcon piloted a Night Gyr during his last battle in Maldonado in 3135 in Antares.
In German products the unit's proper Clan name was wrongly translated to Geierfalk, which literally means "Vulture Falcon", while the correct translation would be Gerfalk.
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 186-187, "Night Gyr Profile"
- MUL online date for the Night Gyr
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 296
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 178
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 17 Discarded Tools of War - Night Gyr listed as among the 'Mechs phased out due to its factory being demolished
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 297
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 179
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 298
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 180
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 299
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 181
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 300
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 182
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 301
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 183
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 302
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 129
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 184
- Night Gyr Lore and Blueprint
- BattleMech Manual, p. 93 - Design Quirk Table - Night Gyr Entry.
- A Rending of Falcons, p. 195