|Manufacturer||Ironhold Alpha Complex
|'Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||JF 3 Light Endo-Steel|
|Armor||Compound JF Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||JF 200 XL|
|Communications System||JF Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series JFVIII KITT|
|Heat Sinks||10 double|
|BV (2.0)||1,451 |
The Fire Falcon was created in the early-3050s, apparently as a replacement for the Mist Lynx; it is faster, has more front-facing armor, and more pod space, though it lacks the jump jets of that earlier 'Mech. It makes use of weight-saving materials in the form of an XL engine, an endo steel internal structure, and four tons of ferro-fibrous armor. Clan Jade Falcon first produced this OmniMech on their capital of Ironhold, but they soon began to produce it on the Occupation Zone headquarters of Sudeten. In November of 3069, Clan Steel Viper would sack Ironhold as part that Clan's effort to expel the Jade Falcons from the Clan Homeworlds. The invasion would end up destroying the Fire Falcon' production facilities, letting the design fade from use by Homeworlds based Clans.
Weapons and Equipment
The Primary configuration of the Fire Falcon is best at short to medium ranges where it can bring its twin Streak SRM-4 launchers, medium pulse laser, two ER medium lasers, and two ER small lasers to bear. While this barrage is powerful for a 'Mech its size, 10 double heat sinks are mostly able to keep the design cool.
- Alternate Configuration C
- Designed for scouting and work against infantry, the C uses an active probe to find hidden targets. To use against those targets, it carries one medium pulse laser, one small pulse laser, one ER small laser, and a pair of SRM-6s. Against soft targets, four machine guns provide ample infantry killing power. BV (1.0) = 930, BV (2.0) = 1,004
- Alternate Configuration F
- This variant is designed to destroy infantry and battle armored troops. Equipped with an active probe to sniff out targets, each side torso carries a Machine Gun Array with four machine guns for infantry, while the arms each carry an ER micro laser and ER small laser to deal with battle armor. For heavier targets, the Fire Falcon F carries a single ER large laser. BV (2.0) = 1,135
- Alternate Configuration T
- This configuration carries two improved heavy medium lasers and two improved heavy small lasers in the right arm and a medium pulse laser in the left arm; these are tied into a targeting computer. To capitalize on damage dealt, the left torso carries a Streak SRM-4 with a ton of ammunition and a single Improved One Shot SRM-4. To sprint into and out of range quickly, the center torso carries a supercharger. BV (2.0) = 1,661
- Stiletto - Using examples of the Fire Falcon salvaged in the wake of the Battle of Coventry, Coventry Metal Works would reverse engineer the chassis to develop the standard Inner Sphere BattleMech called the Stiletto.
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Brandfalke, which literally means Blaze Falcon.
- Plastic Fire Falcon Prime is included in BattleTech: Clan Ad Hoc Star
Original Fire Falcon from TRO:3058
Fire Falcon from RG:ilClan v15
Fire Falcon Prime in combat from CCG
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, pp. 10–11: "Dasher"
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 15, p. 12
- MUL online date for the Fire Falcon
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 162-163, "Fire Falcon OmniMech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 137
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 97
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 157-158, "Fire Falcon"
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 46-47 Exodus Requiem/The Vipers Strikes - Date & Events leading to the Invasion of Ironhold and Fire Falcon's factory's demise.
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 17 Discarded Tools of War - Fire Falcon listed as among the 'Mechs phased out due to its main factory being complete loss.
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 138
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 98
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 139
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 99
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 140
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 100
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 141
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 101
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 142
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 102
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 103
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 143
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 37
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 104
- BattleMech Manual, p. 91 BattleMech Quirk Table - Fire Falcon Entry.
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 56-57, "STO-4A Stiletto"