Mist Lynx (Koshi)
|Manufacturer||Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-O3
|'Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Light Series II Endo-Steel|
|Armor||Compound H17 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Type II 175 XL|
|Communications System||Build 1685/5 Tacticom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series III GDS with Active Probe|
|Heat Sinks||10 double|
|Jump Jets||Clan Light Series Mk. I|
Weighing in at 25 tons, the Mist Lynx is a lightweight workhorse OmniMech. It is a common light OmniMech among the Clans that invaded the Inner Sphere, and is part of the toumans of every Clan. Before the Great Refusal, the Mist Lynx was most prominently fielded by Clan Smoke Jaguar and earned the code name Koshi, or "small death", from the DCMS forces which encountered it during Operation Revival. Designed by Clan Smoke Jaguar around 2910, production of the Mist Lynx was continued by Clans Ice Hellion and Steel Viper after the Annihilation of Clan Smoke Jaguar.
The Mist Lynx is built on a lightweight endo steel chassis to save weight, and is powered by a 175 XL engine that gives the 'Mech a top speed of 118.8 km/h, and six jump jets are mounted that allow the 'Mech to jump up to 180 meters. The Mist Lynx has a fixed active probe that allows the 'Mech to protect itself from ambush by letting it detect any hidden enemy units before they can strike. For protection from enemy fire, the Mist Lynx has three and a half tons of ferro-fibrous armor.
Weapons and Equipment
In its Primary configuration the Mist Lynx is armed to engage an enemy at any range. For long range combat, it carries a single LRM-10 launcher, which is backed up by a Streak SRM-4 launcher for close combat. Finally, to protect itself from infantry, the Mist Lynx carries two machine guns.
- Alternate Configuration A
- The A configuration of the Mist Lynx is intended for artillery spotting and anti-infantry work. To spot for Arrow IV artillery, it carries a TAG laser designator, and to protect engage infantry it has two A-Pods, two machine guns, and a single flamer. Finally, for added protection from missile attacks, the Mist Lynx A has two anti-missile systems. BV (1.0) = 631; BV (2.0) = 620, 611 or 608
- Alternate Configuration C
- The C configuration of the Mist Lynx is armed with a single ER large laser as its primary weapon backed up by an ER medium laser for close combat. For added protection, the Mist Lynx C has an anti-missile system for protection from missile fire and an ECM suite to protect it from enemy electronic warfare systems. BV (1.0) = 1,338; BV (2.0) = 1,330 or 1,320
- Alternate Configuration F
- The F configuration of the Mist Lynx is a close combat 'Mech that carries three heavy medium lasers which are backed up by four heavy small lasers, all of which are linked to an advanced targeting computer for increased accuracy. To protect it from enemy electronic warfare systems, the F configuration has an ECM suite and also has a light TAG laser designator to paint targets for deadly Arrow IV artillery attacks. BV (2.0) = 1,198 or 1,173
- Alternate Configuration H
- Similar to the B configuration, the Mist Lynx H has a Streak SRM-6 and a heavy medium laser as its primary weapons. These are backed up by a pair of heavy small lasers for extremely close ranges. For added protection from missile attacks, the H configuration has an anti-missile system. BV (1.0) = 1,015; BV (2.0) = 991 or 982
- Alternate Configuration I
- The Mist Lynx I carries a Narc missile beacon in its right arm, fed by two tons of ammunition. The left arm carries an unusual arrangement of five SRM-2 launchers, fed by one ton of ammunition is also carried in the right arm. The Narc can be used to direct the fire from its Starmates and from its own weapons. BV (2.0) = 689
- Alternate Configuration J
- Configured primarily as a long range sniper, the J variant can use its enhanced speed to close in for the kill. A left arm-mounted ER PPC gives the J its ranged bite, while an improved heavy medium laser in the right arm can be used at closer ranges. Despite its hard hitting weapons the J can still perform well as a scout using its head-mounted active probe. Finally a supercharger allows this variant a blistering top speed of over 140 km/h. BV (2.0) = 1,704
- Alternate Configuration K
- The Mist Lynx K is configured around a left arm-mounted ProtoMech AC/4, with one ton of ammunition carried alongside the gun. The low damage of this weapon is made up for in part by its ability to use special ammunition types. Sharing a similar range bracket, two ER medium lasers back up the autocannon from their position in the right arm. BV (2.0) = 976
- Alternate Configuration L
- While still retaining anti-'Mech weaponry, the L configuration is mainly designed to obliterate enemy infantry. Four AP Gauss rifles and their one ton of ammo occupy the right arm, while a heavy flamer is mounted in the left arm alongside its one ton of ammo and ECM suite. The 'Mech’s primary anti-'Mech weapon is a heavy medium laser in the right torso. BV (2.0) = 901
- Alternate Configuration M
- The M has a similar goal as the L, but goes about it using a different array of weaponry. A plasma cannon is mounted in the right arm and is supplied with a two ton magazine that gives the weapon a long life on the battlefield. Four ER micro lasers in the right arm provide both further anti-infantry capability and some bite against harder targets. The right torso houses a single SRM-2 launcher, with one ton of ammo providing a generous 50 shots for this weapon. BV (2.0) = 961
- Alternate Configuration N
- The N configuration turns the Mist Lynx into a long range fighter. Each arm carries two LRM-5 launchers, and all four launchers share the one ton of ammo carried in the right torso; unfortunately, this leaves the N with only six shots per launcher. To protect itself from return fire, a laser anti-missile system is mounted on the left shoulder. A TAG laser in the right torso allows the N to target for its own missiles or call in fire from its Starmates. A single heavy small laser in the right arm provides the 'Mech with some very limited fallback weaponry when its ammo bin runs dry. BV (2.0) = 976
- Alternate Configuration P
- Intended for extremely close combat, the Mist Lynx P has an ER large laser as its only long range weapon. For close combat, the 'Mech has four ER micro lasers and three micro pulse lasers which are highly effective in the close confines of a city, but on open terrain this arsenal leaves the 'Mech lacking. BV (1.0) = 1,058; BV (2.0) = 1,074 or 1,064
- Alternate Configuration T
- Essentially a variant of the Prime, the Mist Lynx T is very similar. An LRM-10 and its one ton of ammo are in the left arm, while a conventional SRM-4 sits in the right with two ER small lasers. An ECM suite is in the right torso and an active probe mounted in the head help deal with electronic warfare. BV (2.0) = 971
- Alternate Configuration Z
- Used by The Society's MechWarriors, this Mist Lynx variant carries an active probe and a Nova CEWS. To provide extra protection for the Nova CEWS, the right torso mounts one ton of modular armor. Six jump jets provide a 180 meter jump range, and the only weapons are a pair of iATM-3 launchers, one in each arm.
- Sling - The Sling, a light prototype being tested by the Star League Defense Force just before the Exodus, is speculated to be the basis of the Mist Lynx OmniMech.
- Duan Gung - Both the Mist Lynx OmniMech and the Capellan Confederation Duan Gung light BattleMech are based on designs for the Sling BattleMech.
- Koshi – A redesign of the Mist Lynx as a standard BattleMech, the Koshi was created by Clan Diamond Shark for export sales.
- In German products, the unit's proper Clan name was altered to Grauluchs, which literally means Grey Lynx. The unit's proper Inner Sphere name was left unchanged.
Original Mist Lynx from TRO:3050
Mist Lynx from TRO:3050 Upgrade
Mist Lynx from RG:ilClan v7
Mist Lynx A in combat CCG
Mist Lynx miniature from BattleTech: Clan Command Star
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, pp. 14–15: "Koshi"
- MUL online entry for Mist Lynx (Koshi)
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 116–117: "Koshi OmniMech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 15
- Technical Readout: 3050, pp. 14–15: "Koshi OmniMech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 12–13: "Koshi OmniMech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 16
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 17
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 18
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 19
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 38
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 20
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 21
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 22
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 23
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 7, p. 12
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 24
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 60
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 76
- Dark Age Turning Points: Liao, p. ?