- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Testudo Siege Tank|
|Manufacturer||Alphard Trading Corporation|
|Mission|| Fire Support |
Main Battle Tank
|Armor||Lorica Progressia Ferro-Fibrous with CASE|
|Engine||Omni 225 Fuel Cell|
|Communications System||Garret T21-C|
|Targeting Tracking System||O/P GRD 059|
Named for a Roman military formation, the Testudo Siege Tank was constructed as an infantry support unit for the Marian Hegemony in 3131. Put into service after the Hegemony's infantry unrest became an issue, the Testudo was created as a dual role Combat Vehicle. The design provides combat units with artillery fire support while being able to shift to the frontlines and aid infantry forces with its autocannon and machine guns.
Weapons and Equipment
The Testudo normally employs its turreted Artillery Arrow Launcher to soften up potential opponents. Carrying 3 tons of missiles, this gives the Testudo crew's some choices of ammunition types to employ against combatants. Its main conventional weapon is an Imperator Automatic Ultra Class 10 Autocannon, which is fed by 30 rounds of ammunition. Against infantry, the tank has a pair of Light Machine Guns found in the turret and other mounted in the front.
The hull of the tank is protected by 12.5 tons of Ferro-Fibrous, with the addition of CASE to protect its crew from ammunition explosions. The Testudo is powered by a 225 rated Fuel Cell engine, which gives the tank a modest speed while being able to carry its array of weaponry and armor.
The Testudo has the following Design Quirks:
- online date for the Testudo
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 21 - Battle Value
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 28
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 20 - Fluff
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, pp. 20-21 - Stats