116th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|116th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2780)|
|Nickname||The Flanders Division|
|Parent Formation||XLV Corps|
The 116th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XLV Corps, Eighteenth Army, of the Periphery Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery to take part in the Periphery Uprising by 2765. The 116th suffered heavy losses in the Hegemony Campaign, and was disbanded in 2780.
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached, was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 156, "Eighteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133