172nd Mechanized Infantry Division
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|172nd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Turpentine Division|
|Parent Formation||XLI Corps|
The 172nd Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the 172nd was assigned as a part of the XLI Corps, Ninth Army, to District 2 of the Free Worlds League Military Region but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery to take part in the SLDF response to the New Vandenberg Uprising by 2765. The 172nd survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 123, "Ninth Army - 172nd Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 142, "Ninth"
- The Star League, p. 133